Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

How am I supposed to know what definition Lance_Turbo is referring to? Now that a link was posted to the cartoon, I remember it, but it did not occur to me today. But when I quoted Wiki above, I was making a good-faith effort to provide a definition of “sealioning”, so I could make my argument about how I don’t think I am guilty of it. I thank exactly none of you for bothering to respond to it. Good night.

If only someone else had bothered. I forgot to thank you, so thanks!

It’s eminently, not imminently.

As to the charge of cheating on taxes, Trump has reportedly admitted to doing so during multiple golf outings when one of his foursome would accuse him of cheating. He retorted, “I cheat on my wives, I cheat on my taxes, you don’t think I’m going to cheat in golf on my own course?” The Youtube link is to right before the story, but the whole thing about his cheating is pretty interesting.

Sure!

No-What you obviously want is for conversation to stop on a topic(Trump’s Possible Crimes), so you try to divert the conversation to a new topic(MSNBC vs. FOX) in as abrupt a way as possible by leading with a ridiculous opinion that is guaranteed to provoke(FOX is much more even-handed than MSNBC). It doesn’t even matter if you believe it or not as long as it gets the job done, right?

Well, damn, somebody noticed! It didn’t look right at first, but then I checked, but it was too late to change it. :rage: Thanks for the correction, though.

You know where else one can find a link to the original cartoon besides in multiple posts this thread? On the Wikipedia page referenced above, that’s where.

You could not possibly more wrong. I truly do not give a fuck if the conversation had stopped, or if it continues for the next four years. And you know why? Because I like have discussions here on the Dope. Love it in fact. So when I said what I said about Fox vs MSNBC, it’s just because it had occurred to me, and I believe it, and I was looking for other opinions. I wanted to know others’ experiences might have been, because quite frankly I was a bit shocked when I started watching Fox back then. It did not surprise me in the least when no one wanted to to talk about it.

Next time, post it then, and stop putting your mistake to do so on me. I Binged “sealioning”, went to Wiki, and got the definition from the first paragraph, and then brought it on over here.

He’s sealioning a discussion about how he is sealioning.

“Goodness, I don’t understand what this term means. Maybe you could explain it to me for the 14th time, and provide another 8 links. Thanks ever so much.”

It’s all pretty meta.

Stunning, truly stunning. I did not say I didn’t understand it. I tried to explain, using the definition itself, how what I did does not fit it. I understand the definition! If you had bothered to respond to that, maybe we’d have something to talk about.

It. Was. Already. Posted.

Jesus fuck.

You. Didn’t. Make. That. Clear. I. Am. Not. A. Mind. Reader.

JESUS. FUCK.

It did not require mind reading.

Just regular reading.

I’ll just say that if you can remember such a detail, like a rather innocuous line about being “unfailingly polite” from something that was posted four months ago, you have a much better memory than I.

Speaking of sea lions…

Jump to that post and follow the comment chain up a bit for a truly epic example.

It’s sealions all the way down.

After considering this a bit more, I’ve come to a conclusion: If asking someone not to be rude to me, and if asking a follow-up question in a discussion is sealioning, then in this instance, I am a sealion. I accept the label willingly and proudly in this instance. Are we all happy now?

If trolling people makes you a troll, then you are proud to be a troll.
Got it.

No, because that means you are a confessed, unrepentant, and unpunished troll. I would like the last of those 3 to change.