True love is an earwax jellybean

My nephew treated me (without telling me what it was) to one of the Harry Potter variety of Jelly Belly’s–dirt flavored, to be precise. I told him that the only reason he lived to tell about it was that he didn’t give me a vomit or booger flavored one.

But I, too, wondered–how do they determine that they got the flavor right? I mean, do they sit around a table, chewing thoughtfully and say, “Yep, that’s perfect–tastes just like a booger!” I mean, the idea of them doing this kind of research is just too disgusting to contemplate!

Maybe they paid some eight-year olds.

I’m relieved to learn that the thread is about actual jelly-bean type of sweets.

That is, I think I’m relieved.

I don’t know whether they exist in the UK, so perhaps I should have a look. Long time since I have even had normal jelly-beans, come to think of it.

Hmm - unhealthy shopping soon!

I look forward to reporting back to you guys on the interesting sounding flavours of the jelly beans as** jsgoddess** has been so kind as to sned some out for me

eagerly waiting :smiley:

Thanks js :slight_smile:

Oddly enough, the only flavor that seriously grossed me out was grass. The others were icky, but didn’t really make me gag the way that did.

What exactly are the possible bad flavors?

From the link that yellowval posted, they inlcude:
Earwax Spaghetti
Black Pepper Earthworm
Sardine Dirt
Soap Grass
Vomit Booger

http://www.stupid.com/stat/BOTT.html

But they seem to have nice ones as well - green apple sounds good, as does watermelon.

Ha! I have only now realised that I never, as a kid, really gave any thought to what the “normal” jellybean flavours were meant to be.

I just wanted to say that there was was something about the wonderfully euphonious “Earwax Jellybean” that made me sure I had read it before, but I couldn’t quite identify it. I finally thought of it: I was wrong, but close. I was thinking of “Xerox Candy Bar.” I think Brautigan might have quite liked the OP as found poetry.

Goodness, from the way these were listed, for a second I thought they’d come out with new, even more horrible flavors.

It’s the nice flavored ones that make selection so difficult. It may look like tutti fruity, so chomp!, ack it’s vomit instead. Seems much worse when that happens.

The Highwayman gave me a vomit one, once. And I still married him 3 years later! I liked the pepper and grass. I also found dirt to be strangely good (esp. when you mix it with grass!).

I have not however had the sardine, nor do I intend to.

One of the guys at work brought in a box of those once. I liked pepper. Grass, dirt, earwax, and even vomit didn’t do much for me. Sardine, however… :eek: nasty, nasty, nasty. We were daring each other to eat the sardine jellybeans. Every one of us, to the last man and woman, ended up spitting the sardine beans into the garbage. No one could bring themselves to swallow one.

Bah, my S.O. gave me an earwax jellybean once, that’s why I don’t stick my tongue in his ear anymore. That man needs to learn to use a Q-tip.

They’re not that bad, really. Much better than booger (not sure I’ve ever had a vomit one).

Band name!