Trust Level 3

If The Lounge gets enough members it’ll actually just be like an AA meeting …

“Hi everyone! My name is @LSLGuy & I’m a hopeless SDMB addict … The fact I’m here is all the proof you need. No need for sordid tales of a life half-wasted while half-wasted.”

What’s a “The Lounge?”

It’s a significant part of what we’re talking about in this thread.

If one is a level 3 person (which I am not) you gain access to a special thread category (like ATMB, IMHO, etc.) called “The Lounge”. Or so I’m told.

Apparently, you can only see the category if you’re level 3 (or, I suppose, 4.) If you can see it, it starts off:

[Welcome to the Lounge](https://boards.straightdope.com> /t/welcome-to-the-lounge/8)

Congratulations! confetti_ball If you can see this topic, you were recently promoted to regular (trust level 3).

There is currently one thread, populated almost entirely by people commenting that they can’t figure out why they, in particular, got handed level 3.

Come on, everybody! Let’s storm this so-called “Lounge”! Who’s with me?!?

Arise, ye prisoners of starvation!
Arise, ye wretched of the earth!

@discobot release the kraken!

Thanks!

I’ve been in The Lounge. It is all that and more. :pirate_flag:

What’s the first rule of The Lounge?

Claim a comfy chair with soft cushions?

Oh, crap, those are cushions?

The difficult requirement for promotion to Level 3 is that you must have viewed 25% of the topics created in the last 100 days (or 500 total, whichever is smaller), and read 25% of all posts (or 20,000). Even for people for come here daily, most of them probably don’t have an interest in enough of the threads to hit that metric.

Somebody could use an attitude adjustment. Some place where everybody knows your name?

Tru dat.

:confused: --this is supposed to be the confused smiley? this board has too many smileys and none of the right ones.

– and good grief there are a large number of human ones under “people and body” and all of them are white; except for two blue genies and two gray zombies.

Try clicking those squares at the bottom of the emoji picker - those are skin tones.

I was cleverly referring to Cheers (sort of a lounge)

Aha! And thanks.

Ah. I tend to miss most culture references.

I was thinking “Look Down”… :slight_smile: