TubaDiva has passed away

RIP, Jenny.

Just got on the computer and opened up the Dope. I’m stunned. Just stunned. Jenny’s gone? Impossible. Can’t even take in the news.

Rest in peace, Jenny, and thanks for all you’ve done for us.

Well… damn. I’m not sure what else I can say.

I had no idea she was a juggler too.

Well, I managed to get to the funeral home site on my cellphone using the vpn, but the view obit/service button does not work.

One of you kind souls please alert me when that information is posted and what it says.

Thanks.

She was a dear friend and I’m shocked she’s gone.

After juggling all our demands and complaints on the SDMB, juggling a few balls must have been easy.

:woman_juggling:

R.I.P.

This is truly shocking, I can’t even come up with the words to describe how sad I am to hear this news. It’s unbelievable. Tuba has been an an integral part of this board since its beginnings. I remember her back in the days of AOL and the beginnings of the SDMB. She truly steered this ship through every storm without protest or fanfare. I hope she knows how much we all appreciated her hard work behind the scenes…and it was a LOT!
While lurking through some really old posts, I stumbled upon her creation of the BBQ Pit forum. I think it sums up her personality quite well.

Remember all those times we said, “hey, why don’t you take that outside?” Well, here’s where you go.

No, really. This is where you go for all those verbal fistfights. When a thread veers from debate and/or discussion into personal attack, sneering insults, and “Yo Mommas,” y’all should step outside to this thread.

Remember, although AOL’s Terms of Service do not usually apply and we will give you SOME latitude, this is no back alley and you will be expected to be if not civil at least semi-reasonable. Pure evil and/or rants won’t fly – unless they’re really entertaining.

Oh, and give me five minutes to sell some tickets, okay?

your humble TubaDiva

Keeping this board running would be a fitting tribute but I also support a donation to any music program, especially low brass, in Tuba’s name.

Wow. Hard to believe. RIP Jenny.

This is terrible.

omg. This is so sad - I’m stunned and heartbroken.

I don’ know how old she was, but she seemed ageless. Not in the wizened wise person way, but just — I don’t know, she was 18 and she was 40 and she was 70 all at once. That makes no sense in written words but it does in my head.

Rest well, TubaDiva. We love you and miss you and honor the love you showed us. Thank you for all of it.

The Straight Dope Forum and TubaDiva were pretty much synonymous to me.
This is truly the shit icing on the shit sandwich that is 2020.
Tears for a ‘perfect’ stranger.

So sad and unexpected. She was an everpresent and benevolent fixture of this significant piece of my life.

I will miss her.

Condolences. Very sad to lose someone so dear.

Words fail me. RIP Jenny, we all love you

There are no words. What a massive loss to the community.

I never knew the specifics, but I knew that Jenny had been suffering from an indeterminate ailment. I learn in this thread that it’s been complications from a stroke.

She could have easily been forgiven for setting this board aside and taking care of her own needs first. But through her struggles, she remained determined to carry the SDMB forward in any way she was able.

Mere days too late, but all the same: Thank you for everything, Jenny.

True. I am so DONE with 2020.

So now “Amazing Grace” played on the tuba is my new earworm.

Rest in perfect peace, Jenny.

mmm

She poured so much of herself into this board. I’m shocked and terribly saddened. Thanks for your kindness, Jenny. Rest in peace.

Jenny was probably the first person from the Dope that I ever communicated with - I’d sometimes send her suggestions for Weird Earls, I think it was? This was some years before I even joined the message board myself.
And over the years, sometimes she and I would geek out about music.
RIP. :heart:

Holy crap, I can’t believe it. Thank you Jenny and I hope you rest easy.

Our interactions were few, but TubaDiva was very helpful and understanding. I can only hope that her efforts into maintaining this community have left it strong enough to survive without her. She will always be missed.