TubaDiva has passed away

Indeed. Even from my relatively short time here, I know how much Jenny has done for this board, as obviously do so many others. She has gone to that place from whence we all came and to which we all must return; I don’t know where or what it is, but I know that it’s a place of peace. And if she could send us a message – to us Dopers collectively – I’m sure it would be to try to make this new board the success that she envisioned. I hope we can do that.

This is terrible news. :cry:

Wow…I’m stunned. I came in thinking, ‘She’s still listed under quick links for contact. That can’t be right.’ Very sad to learn this.

How horrible for her family. A giant loss to this community as well.

I am saddened that she won’t get to see this community, which clearly meant so much to her, fully embrace and enjoy this new environment where she worked so hard to deliver for us. And while suffering through some very serious medical problems.

I hope she feels better now.

Jeez, what a gut-punch. After all the hard work she put in to get us here… I’m at a loss for words. Thanks for everything Jenny/TubaDiva!

So sad for her family and for the Dope. What a loss. Rest in peace.

I carefully scrolled down through all of the responses, hoping beyond hope that I would see a post from her saying that the news of her death was highly exaggerated. What an awful shock. She’s been a constant steady hand on the board since before my entry in 2003. One just assumes that someone like that will always be there.

I’m truly shocked and grieving. TubaDiva you will be deeply missed.

I wish I had better words.

During my time away from SDMB she took the time to contact me personally to ensure all was well in my life. Yet another example of what a caring and wonderful person she was. And such a powerful sustainer of our community.

Regardless of how this happened it was horribly tragically premature.

Rest well Jenny; you’ve certainly earned it.

I’m stunned at this news. Tuba has been such a consistent presence on the board. Always so patient and reassuring whenever things happened at the SDMB. The last year has been especially difficult with the old software problems and migration to Discourse.

It’s even more important that everyone comes together and does what they can to continue growing the SDMB community. Jenny put so much time into this migration. We can’t let it slip away now.

Thank you Jenny for everything and you’ll definitely be warmly remembered.

I’m so sad about this.
I’ve been here since the early 2000’s (paid & unpaid), but I only have about 3 posts to my name, but I read/(lurk) nearly everyday.
I wish TubaDiva peace, and her family, condolences.
I have never felt so much sadness for someone’s passing for someone who I never even knew.
RIP Tuba

This saddens me so much. As others have said, there are no words.

Add me to the chorus of those who didn’t know TubaDiva personally, and yet felt strongly connected with her through this wonderful messageboard. It’s bad enough for us, I can’t even imagine the terrible loss it is to those close to her.

And as others have said, what an incredible legacy. She ranks alongside just a handful of the world’s most famous artists by being a vital component in bringing such enjoyment to thousands of people on a daily basis for over 20 years.

Deepest condolences to her family and friends.

This is terrible news.

I had some disagreements with TubaDiva over the years, but there was never any doubt that her guiding mission for this place was to make it a welcoming corner of the internet, a real community. I was particularly impressed with her patience and indefatigable optimism, and with the way she shepherded the board through its recent transition. Whatever minor gripes one might have about Discourse, the move was handled with class and aplomb.

This place won’t be the same without her.

I’m stunned. She was the backbone of this message board and held our hands through the transition to Discourse. She didn’t get the thanks she deserved for all her hard work and dedication. RIP, TubaDiva.

Such a sad loss. She was unfailingly kind and patient

She didn’t get the thanks she deserved for all her hard work and dedication.

I’ve been kind of worried about that; that she didn’t get enough thanks or respect. But since I heard the horrific news, I’ve been going back through some threads where SO many of us thanked her, and expressed gratitude for all her hard work.

I’m proud of everyone here for appreciating her, and for carrying on her work.

I hope this is not disrespectful but this came to mind: 867-5309

You’re right. There’s been so much bad news lately, all I could think about was the negatives.