TubaDiva has passed away

Speechless and heartbroken

Oh no! She was one of the cornerstones of the SDMB!

Vaya con Dios, TubaDiva. Thanks for all you did for us.

The Dope grieves.

~VOW

I’m so sorry to hear this. The board would not be what it is without her efforts, and it will not be the same going forward.

Thank you for your friendship, your support, your guidance, your wonderful hospitality when I visited Chicago, your sense of humor, and your tolerance of my many quirks. I cannot find the words to say how I feel right now.

** weeping ** You were the soul of the board. You and Lynn led us out of the land of AOL and created the new promised land, our own web space. I feel bad for taking you for granted. You were always here.

Oh, no.

I’m stunned, in the truest sense of the word.

I just stunned.
All I can say is Thank you Tuba for, well…being Tuba. You are already sorely missed.

Oh, no. I’m so sorry to hear this.

I’m having a very, very difficult time processing this. Thank you, Jenny, for everything.

My most heartfelt condolences to her family.

Holy crap! I always found her to be fair, reasonable, good-humored, and of course, highly capable. We’ve lost our Team Mom.

Our den mother.

Stunned and grief-stricken. She was so kind to me. I admired and appreciated her endless patience.

I am new here compared to so many but was so impressed with her equanimity, boundless good humor, intelligence and kind nature as she worked with such a diverse and bossy community. Her loss here feels devastating.

Tears shed for a good person I never met, but who nevertheless touched my life deeply.

This is just horrible. I don’t even know how to process it.

She loved all you guys, you know.

She was so very nice to me and she had no reason to be.
I determined by that she must have just been a very nice person.

Airman texted me the news and to say I’m floored doesn’t begin to describe it. The Dope won’t be the same without her.

Damn. Nice new place you got here. Sorry I’m visiting under such sad circumstances. Rest well, Tuba.

I had talked to her just possibly hours before she died. I had no indication anything was amiss. I’ve known her for more than 20 years, met her in Atlanta and spent lots of time with her in Chicago, and spent a lot of time chatting recently. We used to be closer and send Christmas cards/gifts, but drifted apart for no real reason. Fierra and I are shocked and so very sad.