TV show that needs a remake/update

Obsolete? Mary Richards was a producer of a local TV news show. There are still hundreds of local TV stations. Most of them have local news shows. All of those local news shows still have producers. In fact, there are even more TV news shows in the world now than there were in 1970, and all those shows have producers. So her job is “kind of obsolete” how exactly?

I could see a MTM reboot working if it was set as a period piece. Have Mary involved as the Phyllis role shepherding 2 young working girls in the age of Women’s Liberation.

The comedic possibility of a seventies era sitcom knowing what we know now…

Ted’s pompousness

Georgette’s naivety

Murray’s schlubishness

Lou’s curmudgeoness

Rhoda’s aggressive independence

Sue Ann’s Cougar-ness

There’s a need for a strong, well written ensemble.

There’s not a chance in hell it’d ever get on the air now a days…

I want to see a Whiz Kids remake. Seems like the kind of thing that you could have a lot of fun with.

The closest I can think of that’s current and similar is Unnatural History and that’s not really anything like it at all.

Well, it’s good to know TV jobs are still thriving, but in 2009, one of the three local TV stations in my town, without any warning to the viewers, eliminated its entire news department. (Another local TV station took over, so you saw the same local news broadcast on channel A and channel B.) 40 employees were fired, shown taking their belongings in boxes out to their cars, and forbidden from discussing the situation. A number of factors: the station was sold; the economy; low ratings; competition from Oprah; the retirement of a beloved old warhorse of an anchorman, and the kicking out of the most popular female newscaster ever.

I’d like to see Welcome Back Kotter revisited… Maybe one of the Sweathogs is a teacher there now (I could see Horshak!!) and Kotter’s the principal?

“You have died of dysentery.” :smiley:

It might look something like this…

Even though there’s now a plethora of crime investigation shows on TV, I’d like to see a remake of Quincy, ME.

There was a comic book reboot recently, but everyone looked like they were wearing Tron costumes…

I’m 100% behind a new QL. Although I’d like to see them wrap up the old series since it was left open ended. There was a project involving Sam’s daughter, but it fell into development hell.

When my class played it in 1984, it was more of a spoken out loud role playing thing, than a video game. I think the videogame version came later.

I need some mindless adventure. It is time to bring back AIRWOLF.
We need Stringfellow Hawke and Dominic Santini to be flying again.

Lou Gossett, Jr. as Professor Huer.
Alan Rickman as Conrad Kane.
Sade as Ardala Valmar.
Jamie Bamber as Buck.
Tricia Helfer as Wilma.

Mars is populated by colonies of humans, who declared independence from Earth. The Tiger Men and Golden People are political factions, who dye their hair to advertise their political alliegance.

Obviously, I am a bigger fan of the comic strip than the TV show. Although I would love it if actors from the TV show made guest appearances, like Buster Crabbe did.

Gilligan’s Island. Using this as a show template, but letting it evolve/reveal over the couse of a season rather than be established from the start.

It was done

I’d watch…
…until I died of dysentery.

I never remember playing it (or heard of it again until recently, for that matter) And I just turned 33.

I’ve always thought You Are There could be a great revived series, even perhaps for a news network.

I would love to see an anthology series of live stave shows, even if it was only a few episodes per year. I’d feature name actors from movie and TV. It would be relatively cheap to do and could give a great shot in the arm to live theater (especially to non-musicals).

“Barney Miller in San Francisco” was the basic intent behind Hooperman.

I’d watch that!