Two Buck Chuck (Charles Shaw Wine)

What is everyone opinion on Two Buck Chuck? Is it worth the $2.99 price tag at Trader Joe’s? Is it a good wine?

I’m hardly a wine expert, but I think it’s pretty good; very good considering the price. Definitely worth picking up a bottle or two to try it out to see if you like it. I’ve been meaning to pick up a case, just to have some around the house.

Oh, and I believe it’s actually $1.99, not $2.99. At least I think it has been the few times I bought it.

I just looked this up it is only $1.99 in CA, $2.99 most other places and higher in some areas.

By the way the way, I think you can return anything to Trader Joe’s you don’t like. I asked about a wine once and the guy working there gave me his opinion and that of course if I didn’t like I could return it.

http://www.traderjoes.com/new/chuckshaw.asp

I had a glass of the Chardonnay at a friend’s house last weekend, and it’s great!

Cheers! :cool:

I finally got around to having a couple of glasses of the merlot at a friend’s. It was drinkable. I guess if I had only three bucks to spend on wine it would do, but if I had six bucks to spend on wine I could do a whole lot better.

I like it a lot. (I pay 3 bucks here in Jersey.) It’s not a “fine wine.” It’s a “table wine,” and should be judged as such. I like it better than the Trader Joe’s brand table wines, which are 4 or 5 dollars.

I find that because of it, I’ve been drinking more wine instead of beer lately. Also, I like it to make sangria.

I agree with everyone who has posted so far. (BTW: I pay $1.99 for it – hence “Two Buck”.) Except for Geoduck. I like “Two Buck Chuck” better than many of the more expensive wines I’ve had. I tried an excellent Merlot at dinner several months ago. I liked it enough to buy a bottle ($13). But when I got around to drinking it, it wasn’t as good as the glass I had had at dinner. In this case, I liked the Charles Shaw better.