Two Kennedy family members lost in Chesapeake bay

Plus they are being *looked at *more, and with the passing of multiple generations the numbers become even greater. Plus even events affecting removed cousins and second-and-later generation maternal-line descendants become tagged as “Kennedy family” statistics.

Oh, no. Not another missing white woman!

How many Kennedy family members are black?

An eight year old kid is most likely dead. You might not think this particular death should be newsworthy, but snarking in a thread about it does not reflect well upon you.

Moderator Note

Two people are assumed to be dead, which makes this comment extremely jerkish. If you want to make some sort of comment about white privilege or whatever, take it to the Pit.

No warning issued, but don’t do this again.

Awful. As a mother to a young boy myself, the thought of that little boy losing his life before he even had a chance to live makes me so sad. I can’t imagine how awful it would be to lose a loved one this way, possibly never even knowing where their bodies ended up.

I do wonder how it is known that they were going after a ball. Did someone see that part? It sounded like there wasn’t any 911 call until they were much further out. Definitely a reminder that water can be a very powerful and unforgiving force of nature.

Yes, I do think that plays a role in the “Kennedy curse” thing. My father had a lot of siblings, so I have a lot of distant relatives who I don’t have a relationship with but are technically family. Several of them have died young or had very tragic things happen to them. If I were famous (especially if my family in general was famous), I am sure the media would be linking these people back to me to try to make a story out of it.

Some of the “Curse” deaths also seem to be more a consequence of the family engaging in some high risk activities that most people didn’t do. Aviation in the 1940s was a risky thing for anyone to do. Drugs have played a role in some of the deaths, and obviously anyone involved in drugs is at risk of dying young. I think it is hard to say that JFK and RFK were “cursed” when it is not like assassination is just a matter of bad luck.

I was wondering about that too. Maeve had two other children including a daughter Gabriella age 7. It’s possible that Gabriella watched them playing kickball and saw them going after the ball. But at age 7 she didn’t realize they were in trouble and might not have known to call 911 anyway. But later she called or talked to her Dad and told him.

Maeve’s body has been found; they are still searching for her son’s body.

RIP.

Son’s body was found today . Robert F. Kennedy's great-grandson Gideon McKean found by divers off Maryland | CNN

An unspeakable tragedy. My sincerest condolences to their family.