Two Kids Dead, But Mom's Hair Sure Looks Nice

Given what they say about how those who commit crimes against children are treated in prison, maybe life in prison without parole is the best alternative for “Mom.”

Others have said as much, but I can’t help it…as a father of two kids, the “mouth prints on the glass” imagery is gonna give me nightmares for a long, long time.

I wish the same could be said by the soulless creature who did this, but anyone who could do such a thing in the first place probably lacks the capacity to feel remorse for it.

So: fuck you, you subhuman bitch. May every breath until your last be accompanied, day and night, by the mindless pain and terror you knowingly visited on your children; and may any subsequent prayers for your own well-deserved death go unanswered for decades.

[nitpick]I cordially invite you to my apartment, where I regularly bow down to my favorite deity, the God of Air Conditioning. Just because it gets cold in Michigan doesn’t mean it doesn’t get hot in the summer.[/nitpick]

However, this woman is clearly a complete and utter moron. Not that that is an excuse in any way. I can’t really get my heart into discussing all the painful torment she deserves, though. The whole thing makes me absolutely ill.

pldennison–did you catch the part where she confessed? Where she admitted that, “ok guys you got me, I wasn’t abducted and raped, I was really getting my hair done while my children died in agony.” Yes, she’s guilty–why the smug comment as if we were discussing some vague accusations against an uncharged individual?

Jackknifed Juggernaut–I live in Toledo, which is less than an hour away from Southfield. It gets hot here, as well as up there. Temps have been near or above 90 for weeks now.
And while stupidity might explain her walking away in the first place–NOTHING can justify her staying away for three hours. You don’t sit in a salon, waiting your turn, getting prepped, being serviced, drying off, checking out, etc. without feeling the drag of time that comes with any kind of waiting. Based on the names here I’m assuming this woman was black (correct me if I’m wrong, I haven’t been able to find pics). I’d be interested to know exactly what kind of work they were doing on her hair. Weaves and relaxers take time–something a woman accustomed to getting them would be well aware of. If she walked away from those kids to go get a head full of braids, knowing it was going to take a couple hours, and thought “well these kids were naughty so I’m just going to leave them in the car” she gets ZERO empathy from me. That’s not stupidity, that’s neglect–and as OxyMoron was so kind to explain, neglect = abuse = murder.

Because, belladonna, even if one has confessed to the police, one still must enter a plea before a judge, and be found guilty and sentenced, before we toss them in a deep dark hole. Wonderful thing, the Constitution–it applies to both you and her, and me, too. A confession is not a verdict, thank Dog.

And even if she has confessed, she can enter a “not guilty” plea, and a judge or jury will get to decide whether she is or not. Again, the Constitution, and all that. If it’s smugness to believe in due process, then color me smug. And if/when she is found guilty and sentenced by the duly empowered authorities, I hope she gets the maximum sentence.

Well, she may indeed be very stupid. But nobody who has ever gotten into a car on a sunny day can be unaware that it gets much hotter inside the car than out. Perhaps she didn’t think about it at the time, but I don’t see that as an excuse.

You know, having rape as a punishment for crimes this horrid sounds good about now. Of course, the rapist would be permanently disgraced from having to stick his cock in such an idiotic waste of flesh as this woman.

Rape is never an appropriate punishment, nor should it be bandied about as such.

There have been several threads on the subject.

I agree that IF she is found guilty she should be locked in a small dark place with the key thrown away.

pldennison–I don’t think anyone here is saying she shouldn’t have a trial. I know I never did. The thing is, this woman did something horrible to her own children, admitted it, and we’re rightly outraged. Just because she can tell the court she’s not guilty, just because some issue might result in her getting off, doesn’t lessen the FACT that her children are dead and she’s to blame. I hope she’s convicted–but I stand by my right to think she’s a fucking waste of flesh, conviction or no.

Errr, that’s kind of over the line, there, airdisc. I understand the rage you’re feeling, and I wouldn’t be put out if she were given the death penalty, but I don’t think that I could condone rape for this. However, if she goes to prison, you may get your wish.

SisterC:

Just curious: why is rape never an appropriate punishment… but death is?

• Rick

It’s things like this that make me believe in reincarnation and karma. I HAVE to believe that she will be reborn as a woman desperate to have children and never can, and that her babies will be born to a childless couple who tried for years to get pregnant and finally have their angels. That’s the only thing that will let me get to sleep after stories like these.

(Sorry, this is a bit of a hijack, but I’m intrigued by this. If the OP wishes, I will take it to another thread…)

Heloise and SisterCoyote, are you actually saying that being raped is a worse punishment than death or lifetime imprisonment in “a small dark place”? Granted, I’m a male, but it seems to me I’d a whole lot rather be raped.

Not that I’m agreeing with airdisc, mind you, just wondering…

The two children were 3 years old and 10 months old. They were left on there own for three and a half hours.
I am not a parent and childhood for me was quite a lot of years ago. How long would you expect a 10 month old child to go without needing some necessary attention ? e.g. daiper changing, feeding.

IMHO it would be a lot less than three and a half hours. Seems to me that she had no care for even the basic needs of these children, let alone ensuring that they did not suffer because of the heat.

3 years old and 10 months old. A line from the bible came into my head when I read about this, “Suffer the little children”. Totally out of context but it came into my mind. They suffered.

I cannot imagine ever, ever leaving such young children alone for even an hour. No, not even 30 minutes. Take them with you. Maybe they will make a noise in the hairdressing salon, maybe they will annoy other people, maybe they will cause you some stress while you are being pampered. But don’t leave them alone.

Hmm…I hope that didn’t come off as too massively insensitive. I don’t mean to offend. I really am curious.

Ya know… this is a really weak justification for what happened to those kids. I don’t give a fuck how stupid she was… that’s absolutely no excuse for what happened. How many kids have to die this way (or be abducted, accidently put the car in drive and have an accident, etc., etc.) before every parent will understand that YOU NEVER LEAVE YOUR YOUNG CHILDREN ALONE IN A FUCKING CAR! I don’t care if you’re just going in to pay for your gas and it will take you 30 seconds… you take those kids with you. Stories like this really piss me off. I have two small kids (2 and 4) and I have never left them alone in a car for any reason. I don’t give a shit if you live in a huge city or in bumfuck Egypt… you take those kids with you. If you think it’s too much of a hassle than perhaps you shouldn’t be a parent.

A couple of years ago this stupid mother left her 6 year old in the car - with the keys in the ignition - and went into Mr. Goodcents to get a sandwich. Before she even got in the door a man jumped into her blazer and began to take off… with her son inside. She tried to get her son’s seatbelt off but he got tangled between the lap belt and shoulder strap and was hanging outside the blazer when the thief started driving. The little boy was drug for 5 miles and killed! If that stupid bitch had taken her son into Mr. Goodcents with her she would’ve only lost her blazer… not her son. She even thanks everyone who tried to help her son and says, “Nobody tried as hard as I did.” Bullshit! He never should’ve been left alone in that car to begin with. Here’s the story if anyone’s interested.

Bricker–I can’t answer for SC, but for me the difference lies in the fact that the death penalty (which I’m ambivalent about, regardless) serves a purpose by removing a dangerous and/or evil person from our society. Rape would serve no rehabilitative/extermination purpose and is therefore unjustifiable. Kill and be killed–but rape has nothing to do with it.

You assume, Bricker.

I am also opposed to the death penalty.

As a woman - fuck that, as a human being, I do not ever want anyone under any circumstances to be raped or otherwise tortured.

Ferrous asked:

Yes. Rape has been commonly referred to as “a fate worse than death,” FYI.

When you’re dead, you’re dead. End of story. You go wherever your religion teaches you go or you go to nothingness. You don’t go on suffering - I know a number of rape survivors, and although they are all tough men and women, they still have damage from what happened to them.

Now, I put a “small dark place” because that was the first thing that came to me. Prison provides its own psychological stressors, but it isn’t rape. It isn’t death.

Belladonna:

An excellent answer.

My sense was that people were suggesting that death was somehow more benevolent as applied to the recipient than rape. Both, in my view, are heinous and cruel, and while I don’t want to start suggesting any good qualities to rape, I don’t want to attach any justification to death, either.

But your point is well-taken: there is a practical, if somewhat bloody, justification for death.

• Rick

I know that others have already mentioned this, but um… NO. The bank clock close to my home has a temp reading of 103 F today, with about 60% humidity.

So yes, it does get hot. And no, my home doesn’t have air conditioning. :eek: