Typing glitch

Earlier today, something weird happened when I was on my computer. Every so often, the character, “]” would come up when I was typing. I didn’t push that letter key, nor was it sticking down. Then after 20 or 30 minutes, that same character would keep appearing continuously, even when i wasnt typing anything.

Try another keyboard. My guess is your current one is starting to develop an intermittent short on that key. If you don’t have a spare, now would be the time to start shopping for a new one.

Either that or something is sticking. I had a problem with my alt key. I just pounded the sucker a few hundred times and now it’s fine. It may just be a sign the keyboard is starting to go. Thank goodness they’re not expensive to replace

Have you tried popping off the key to see if something is trapped underneath the plastic contact surface and is pressing the button underneath intermittently?

Fixes:

1. Turn the keyboard upside down & tap on it, to dump out the cup or so of crumbs, etc. inside it.
  2. Use a compressed air to blow out all the dust inside the keyboard.
  3. Pop off the keytops, and clean all around under them.
  4. Take the keyboard into the shower with you, wash it thoroughly, and let it dry upside down on a towel for a day or two.
  5. If none of those worked, spend the $10 bucks to buy a replacement keyboard.

Or just skip straight to 5 and cut out the middlemen. :slight_smile: