UK EU In/Out referendum-:Polling day thread.

ITV projects a Leave win.

Here you go America, overnight discounted travel. 5% off for continental Europe, double that for the UK.

You’re welcome.

I’m astonished that the “Leave” vote seems likely to prevail, though I probably shouldn’t be. The xenophobic, anti-immigrant sentiment behind it seems very similar to what has propelled Donald Trump to become the presumptive Republican nominee for U.S. president.

Indeed, one of the prominent groups for the “Leave” campaign was criticized for promoting an anti-immigrant Trump video.

BBC is now forecasting a “Leave” win.

Predicted result: Leave 52%, Remain 48%

Well, I suppose change is a good thing, right?

Wales as a whole, no, but a sizeable minority, absolutely. I take it you’re not familiar with Plaid Cymru, Cymdeithas yr Iaith, or Meibion Glyndŵr? All advocate more independence and self-determination, and quite a few want Wales out of the UK, though everyone I’ve ever talked to wanted that to be within the context of the EU. Otherwise, it’s too small and impoverished a country.

Forgive this ignorant American, but what does Berlin have to do with this?

Apparently the voters weren’t buying what the PM (politicians), or David Beckham (famous), or the news media were selling.

England will survive.
Great Britain will survive.
The United Kingdom will survive.

But who will bail out the economies of the European Union’s Greece, Portugal, and Spain?

Sorry, did I say 10%?

Now 11% off while stocks last.

Mass Muslim immigration has consequences, other than new voter blocs for some political parties. Other countries better take note.

The UK only participated in two bailouts, Ireland (duh) and Portugal, and there was already an agreement in place that would reimburse them for any EU funds used in future bailouts.

Germany was the leader, and probably will be in future.

It’s called “self-determination.” Perhaps you’ve heard of South Sudan, Kosovo, Montenegro, East Timor, and so forth?

Evidently, the British people as a whole have become tired of being dictated to by Brussels.

Brave call :slight_smile:
“Hey look Ma, the horses have all bolted.”

You a betting man? Because I don’t think it is at all clear that Scotland and England will be in a united kingdom ten years down the road.

Can Cameron stay on as PM? Should he?

“Mass Muslim immigration” is a proximate cause of this consequence. Mass white people racism is a more direct cause of this consequence. And yeah, the British economy is getting flushed right now, as racist white people retake the control that had been slightly slipping from them recently. Other countries better take note.

No at most 52% of the 76% voter turnout voted to leave. Thats a long way from “British people as a whole”.

Farage just asked him, via reporters, to go, to go now.

Interesting article here comparing the Brexit vote to the rise of Trump here in the U.S.

Now the Scots are talking about another vote on independence so they can rejoin the EU. Interesting times…