UK Mayor who praised Boris Johnson getting sick has been fired

Liberal party shows moral leadership by expelling a member who spouts offensive rhetoric, as opposed the the conservative parties who raise them to the offices of prime minister and President.

Is that the message you wanted us to glean from the article Mr. Redneck?

Where are you seeing that? I just saw that the Labour party had taken the whip off her. That’s not the same as ceasing to be a councillor, just that she’s now an independent.

From the OP’s link: “Now she has been sacked by the law firm that employed her in Ilkeston, Derbyshire.”

Oh, now I get it, and apologize for my earlier response. Urbanredneck has long been concerned about political correctness, the stifling of free speech, and call-out culture. This is just another example of him bemoaning mob overreaction to someone stating their political opinions, right? He posted this to defend the mayor from the mobs.

Just prayers from me. I’m reserving thought for things of more significance like which whiskey should I open tonight.

Stranger

Sorry - I missed that somehow.

I’ve never been one to push for a “Like” button, but, you know, like and all that.

Actually I just found it interesting and was looking for commentary from those who know UK politics.

Wait, you’re NOT standing up for her in the face of such rampant political correctness? You’re NOT decrying mob rule and vicious call-out culture?

Whyever not, UR? What could possibly be different in this case from all the other times you’ve done so?