UK - Would people even buy second hand clothes?

Yup… Craigslist looks relatively active in London and - I believe - Manchester, but here in Newcastle there’s very little going on. Gumtree by comparison is the ads site people use here in the UK.

My mistake. I thought DrCube asked if there was a Craigslist in the UK. :rolleyes:

FYI, I am in the UK.

Now this is insanity.

All the difficulty of trying to sell them individually and then you’re going to donate what amounts to more than your proceeds, net of your time, to charity anyhow? You’d be money and effort ahead to simply throw them all in the bin and give a few pounds to the charity.

My vote at this time is to tell the wife she has created a problem she needs to solve. She can do anything she wants, but the excess clothes are not going in your part of any storage anywhere in the house, nor are they going to sit about in plain sight. And you’re not going to lift a finger. She must take it from here. Or not and into the bin they go.

LOL, think you might want to reword that.
Declan

Not quite. It is negotiation, which always has quite a bit of give and take and never leaves everybody completely happy.

Look at it this way: I have a hard deadline past which the clothes will be gone one way or another. My wife will have to put the lot on sale, which she might or might not have the time to do. If she does, she might or might not manage to sell them. If she does, she will feel like she accomplished her goal, and at least some charities will be supported. If any of these steps fail, the whole lot goes to charity whatever the situation.

In this way, she will feel like she gave it a honest try, and the good feeling success brings if she manages to pull it off; and I will have an emptier wardrobe on the same date. And deserving charities will be supported. Everybody wins a little!

Ah, very clever.

I misinterpreted the plan as you surrendering and doing all the work per her plan to her satisfaction.

Me too, that’s how I make pocket-money, buying from op-shops and reselling online. In the smaller charity shops, typically brand name women’s stuff gets marked up - or on-sold to the boutique recycle shops - but they mostly have no idea how to price men’s clothes, so you can pick up unbelievably good, very expensive stuff like Ted Baker and Paul Smith suits for a pittance. And the stuff I really like I keep.

Out of curiosity, how do you package clothes for postage? For whatever reason, my mind got stuck on that minor point. Do you just stick them in boxes? Padded envelopes?