UKDopeFest

okay so its looking like we’ll be doing a brum thing then a london thing later.

suits me fine.

now i’m ashamed to admit that i’m a dopefest virgin - so i don’t know what else we need to organise.

i’m guessing we need:

a time
a place

anyone wiser than me care to chip in?

Other considerations for BrumDope:

Suggestions for accomodation? Might be fun if we all kipped in a B & B.

Birmingham New Street or Birmingham International?

Meet at the station and go somewhere, or meet somewhere?

Eating - do we need to book somewhere? I suggest a curryhouse. Rar.

No Lime Chutney pelase.

Accommodation; there’s plenty of B & B’s around. Can’t think of any off the top of my head though. There’s always my lounge if people want.

New Street, definitely. International is miles out of town.

If we meet at the station and then go somewhere, eg to a pub, it may well be easiest, depending on how many “natives” vs “non-natives” there are.

Eating-wise, may I suggest the Shapla, curry house par excellence on the Bristol Road, easily accessible from University train station? Give me numbers and a time, and I’ll book it.

The Vagina Monologues is playing at the Birmingham Hippodrome on the 26th April. Beer, curry and female front bottoms. What a lot Birmingham has to offer.

You forgot the * chocolate*.

Some of the best pubs in Brum are in Digbeth, but the area itself will probably confirm all the worst Birmingham stereotypes …

There are good Chinese places too, handily located in Chinatown, but I’ll bow to more recent local knowledge.

There is a bar at the station, but it would probably have the effect of making you get on the first train back home. The station concourse is pretty small, so I wouldn’t recommend meeting there.

If good weather, how about at the Iron Man in Vitoria Square. It’s an easy walk from the station, Victoria Square is signposted, and you can’t miss the Iron Man.

i feel like a secretary taking minutes at a council meeting:

so far:

Date: 26th April
Place: The Iron Man in Vitoria (As in the battle? or is it Victoria as in the queen??) square
Time: ???

Other issues…

accomodation: i’d probably be doing the b 'n b thing too - so if anyone else is doing the same then grouping in one b 'n b would probably be a laugh.

food: Angua’s offer to book isounds good, but is confirming numbers going to be tricky?

Exercise in speculation: are there male front bottoms? Answers on a postcard, please, to anyone but me.

Victoria. Sorry, I’m in a job-interview-tomorrow-type panic and the printers and network know it, the little b*****ds.

[ozzy]I AM IRON MAN![/ozzy]

and i am the walrus. :wink:

okay - i think this may make things a little easier with regards to making sure people are informed of exactly what is happening - anyone who is pretty damn certain that they are going to attend on the 26th of April email:

ukdopefest@postmaster.co.uk

that’ll give us a workinglist of “attendees” that i’ll post here.

Not only can’t I make it to Brum, the weekend of the 9th August isn’t ideal either (although I might be able to attend for a while, depending on how long my Saturday rehearsal goes). I’ll send a cardboard cutout instead.

you just had to be awkward didn’t you - you do realise this means you don’t get the free t-shirt or baseball cap.

By the way, Who would be about London on Easter Weekend for a few Ribenas?

Time: How about 2pm? Or is that too early?

One for Brum

Count me in for Brum. Can we still make it to the CadburyWorld place?

I do my best. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably, if you get here in the morning. Its about half a mile up the road from where I live, so I’ll be more than happy to take people there…

I’ll be around, but i only do Ribena Light.