Umm is Stewie Griffin from Family Guy gay?

This gag was done in Austin Powers. Everybody is chasing him and on cue they all stop and dance in unison. Maybe he was spoofing some 60s thing.

My impression was that Stewie might not actually be gay…but that he wanted to be gay.

The evidence being Stewie’s “attraction” to girls/women (like in the locker room, or his crush on the girl from his day care center), and balanced by dialogue like…

…Keep in mind that this is about as scientific as trying to figure out where Springfield is located.

I thought he was more into beastiality, judging from the sexually suggestive scene with him and Brian in the bathtub.

Don’t forget he was infatuated with a girl baby for an episode.

Eventually, he figured out she was just using him to get cookies.

And let’s not forget the episode where he was parodying HMS Pinafore, singing about how he’d rather sleep with the sailors.

Brian seems to think so, witness his comment from “Lethal Weapons”, immortialized for all eternity in my sig.

According to Seth McFarlane on the dvd, they ‘delved into the other parts of Stewie’s psyche, including his closet homosexuality.’ Seth also says that there’s an episode that never aired in which Stewie utters the line “Oh my god! I’m gay!”

“Wouldn’t it be fabulous if I turned out to be a homosexual?”

Damn. You beat me to it.

If I may, I’d like to hijack it even further.

Does Lois actually understand what Stewie says?

I ask because the evidence seems to suggest no, but, then, occasionally, he’ll say something that she responds to as if she understood it.

For instance, when she takes away his “Death Ray,” he says something to the extent of, “damn you, woman! Give me back my gun!” And she replies, “Oh, you want your toy.”

So…can she understand him or not?

Deliberately ambiguous, I think, Superdude.

Stewie: AAAGH!!! BLAST IT TO THE BOWELS OF BLOODY HELL!!
Lois: Well, the baby’s up.

Yes, acording to Seth, everyone can understand Stewie (though on the DVD he says it’s on a case by case basis, but this was before he gave the previous line). So yes, everyone understands Stewie.

I think the gag is that no parent truly understands what their kid is saying to them at times. So Stewie bitching and complaining about something, only to have Lois ignore 99% of what he’s venting about harkens back to that time in our lives when we were trying to tell our parents something that was terribly important to us, but absolutely meaningless to them, or totally missinterpreted by them.