Unflattering celebrity comparisons

Some Dopers, who are supposed to be more sensitive, said I looked like James Carvelle.

It burrrnnnsssssssss!

I was once compared to Gomez Adams - not in looks, but in personality. But the man who did so was rather odd, so I didn’t care too much.

When I was considerably heavier I was told I looked like John Candy.

Does the Elephant Man count as a celebrity?

Did you tell Girl 2 that she was a cunt? That’s what I would do.

There’s already someone here called “lust4life” and I suspect there’s going to be a lot of confusion with your usernames, by the way.

Several people have told me I look like Jonathan Brandis, the kid from Seaquest and the movie Sidekicks with Chuck Norris. This wouldn’t be so bad except they never remember his name and almost always say I look like “the kid from Ladybugs” instead of any other movies he was in. In that movie he dressed up as a girl to play for the soccer team :rolleyes:

I have been told I had Mike Dukakis’ eyebrows, Rod Serling’s tendentious speech patterns (and eyebrows), and Christian Slater’s squeaky nasal voice.

I got Newman in high school.

Overweight and glasses…whee.

In my youth, Bruce Dern; who is, of course, noted for portraying psychos, weirdoes, weasels, cowards, and unlikable bad guys of all descriptions.
Now, in my middle years, I am told I look like Rutger Hauer. Not Rutger Hauer when he played Roy Batty. Rutger Hauer now.

When I was younger I was always getting mistaken for Martin Short. I did get mobbed by a group of teens at Disneyland (I was a teen myself) until they discovered I wasn’t him; can’t say that was a bad day. But over all, not my first pick on celebrity look-alike.

My daughter & her HS friends refer to me as “Santa”. I do not take it as a compliment. :dubious:

When I was funny, I got told I reminded people of Roseanne Barr or Rosie O’Donnell.

When I would sing, I got told I reminded people of Mama Cass.

Do you see a pattern here? For the record, thisis what I look like.

Beaker from the Muppet Show.

my nickname used to be “The Commish”

Michael Chiklis, pre- “The Shield”, comparisons are not good… the scary part is I shaved my head before The Shield started… my wife laughed and laughed when the first episode aired and he was shaved…le sigh

I used to be a near perfect match for John Popper of Blues Traveler. Now I’ve grown face fur.

I get told I look like Seth Rogan with good teeth. When knocked up came out a friend of mine used to make a fun of me because “your face is all over town!” Though as he gets more famous this is becoming a less of a bad thing I guess. Back in the days of 40 year old virgin and earlier it was no so good.

On the other hand, my Seth Rogan looks are what started the first conversation between me and the woman who I eventually married, so it isn’t all bad.

I once got told “You remind me of that lady… what’s her name… oh yeah! Fran Drescher.”

Put it this way - it was probably ten years ago and I still remember it very. well.

A little kid in the shopping cart ahead of mine looked awestruck as he asked, “Were you in ‘Jurassic Park?’”

I don’t think he meant I looked like Sam Neill.

Join the club :D.

This too.

Also and more or less neutrally, AIM activist and imprisoned cause celebre Leonard Peltier, especially back when I didn’t have a beard. I admit we have a vaguely similar facial structure.

When I was a pre-teen, my mom told me that Natalie from Facts of Life reminded her of me, and I was insulted. My sister told me the same thing. After I got to thinking about it, I realized “Hey, Natalie’s the funny one and also my favorite!” so I was less insulted. My sister, TO THIS DAY, sometimes calls me Natalie but Mindy Cohn and I no longer look alike.

Maybe he thought you looked like a Velociraptor? :eek: