"Unite the Right" white nationalist march: Ugliness on full display.

Story here: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-white-nationalists-rally/index.html

And here: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Judge-Rules-Alt-Right-Rally-Should-Go-Forward-as-Planned-439958533.html

American scum feeling more and more free to express their scumbaggery openly.

So, the white nationalists wanted to protest the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee, the city tried to prevent them from doing the protest, the white nationalists sued, a judge granted an injunction allowing the protest, a huge number of counter-protesters showed up, the police declared an illegal assembly, the white nationalists left. Is that the timeline?

You are right - it’s pretty ugly when people are prevented from exercising their rights to freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and the right to petition government for redress of grievances.

Regards,
Shodan

No word from President Filth yet. I guess he’s too busy composing his next tweet on Hillary or Schwarzenegger.

The protest is happening right now. I’m not sure about all the past legal shenanigans, and I believe anyone including these assholes should be allowed to march and protest, but there’s plenty of white supremacist ugliness on display on the news right now, and you’d lose nothing ideologically by condemning it (just like I’ll condemn any restriction on assholes’ rights of free speech).

Only five posts on this?? My celebrity twitter feed would have me believe its the end of the world.

I think it unlikely he’ll criticize his base.

Fuck their racist grievances and the horse Gen. R.E.Lee rode in on.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Hey, HEY! Traveler was a fine horse who never expressed any racist views.

That’s a gross mischaracterization of what happened.

The city wanted to move the protest to a more suitable location. Where the white nationalists chose to protest is in a small park right in the downtown area. The city was worried about what would happen if both protestors and counter-protestors were packed in so close together – which is, in fact, what happened.

Rights Groups Sue over Moving of Virginia White Nationalist Rally

Please note it was the ACLU who assisted the white nationalists to ensure their rights to protest were protected – and they won. The protest went forward as the white nationalists wanted it to, in the venue of their choice.

Once the rally turned violent, the city had every right to protect its citizens as it did by stopping the protest on both sides. Up to the point that violence occurred, the protest was permitted to continue.

So please explain how anyone’s rights to protest, petition or assemble were violated in any way.

Really? You’re going to be that guy?

Nobody here is advocating for those pieces of shit to be prevented from assembling.

Well, it’s not Black Lives Matter that is organizing a march. That is cause for alarm, of course.

Reports on Twitter that a car has just plowed into a group of protesters.

Jesus.

A bunch of right wingers throw a demonstration so that they can publicly march around throwing sig heil salutes, and their hate is met with hate just like they hoped. Isn’t it weird the things that right wingers will protest for? Sig heil?

Scary stuff.

Video [spoilered for upsetting scenes]

Not here, at least.: “Shun them, scorn them, punch them in the face. Tear down their monuments, trash their flags, fire them from their jobs.” (Hope he enjoys getting the violence he was advocating for.)

Trump’s tweet: "“We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!”

The city, the mayor, and the counter-protesters did.

Regards,
Shodan