Universe (straight from a SDMB newb)

The real universe

I dont know how many of you read my other topic regarding four dimensions, but it’s a good thing to try to understand before jumping into the topic of universal science. When I speak of four dimensions, I speak of dimensions as pure mathematics.

To understand the makeup of the universe, you have to compare it to Earth (or any other planet, for that fact). The Earth is finite, but in another sense, its infinite. You can continue in any direction forever without it ever ending. But, the only way you can understand it not being infinite is by looking at it from another perspective. The earth, viewed from space, is obviously a sphere. The illusion of “infinity” is apparant because of the surface being continually connected with itself. A slight curvature is noted on the surface of Earth. Barely noticable, but its there, or else the Earth wouldnt be a sphere.

Now the universe works in pretty much the same way, just +1 dimension. The universe is finite, but in another sense, its infinite. You can travel in any direction forever without it ever ending. But, the only way you can understand it not being infinite is by looking at it from yet another perspective. The universe, viewed from what ive coined as “hyperspace” (four dimensional space, the space outside the universe… like space is what we term the area outside the earth), looks like a (4d) sphere. The surface of the universe is where everything we know is; galaxies, stars, planets, asteroids, and people.
Gravity

Gravity’s effect on this universal “sphere” is the creation of “dips” into it. A star creates a significantly larger “dip” into the sphere than a car. Galaxies are series of dips inside dips etc… that create one big continious dip with many other dips in them. If the gravity of an object becomes strong enough, its gravity “dip” can extend all the way through the universal sphere and connect with the other side, effectivly creating the black hole, and explaining why it consumes matter, and why jets of matter are seen ejecting from them. This would also explain why some black holes spin while others dont, some of these “dips” might revolve. Also, with this theory, this means there is an even number of black holes in the universe, since every black hole must have a counterpart on its other end. So a spinning black hole must have another spinning black hole on the other end, a stationary black hole must have a stationary blakc hole on the other end.
Antigravity

Now from this theory we can develop what antigravity would look like. The opposite of these depressions into the sphere would be extrusions. If (and I have no idea how) a body of mass could extrude from the universal sphere, it would create a repelling affect (antigravity), rather than attracting (gravity). Though I dont think there are any natural occurences of this, we could speculate that if we had a ball of matter that was antigravity, it could push things around. Like if you hurled a planet of antigravity matter at the sun, the Sun’s gravitational force would be weakened, or if the mass was large enough, it could actually reverse the suns gravitational effect, and give it an antigravitational effect, repelling everything from it. I still think it would be possible for something to orbit an antigravity “extrusion”, like its possible for something to orbit a gravity “depression”.
Other Universes

With our spherical universe as opposed to our flat universe floating around (4d) hyperspace, there are bound to be other bodies like its own. Just like with the Earth, we discovered there are more planets, and much larger bodies like Stars, and that all of them work together in a long living system for billions of years. I think that is how the universes work. There could be “solar systems” of them, orbitting each other. This would somewhat explain the origin and future of our universe. Maybe we (the universe) are nothing but a star in a hyperspace star system. Maybe there are different ways universes die in this hyperspace… maybe they supernova, like the universe expanding forever and stretched into nothing. Or maybe it collapses onto itself, creating a five dimensional hyperspace black hole, or anything else that is possible.

Maybe universes can collide, maybe universes have sattelite universes. Then if you think of hyperspace long enough, you realize its nothing but a sphere either, in a fifth dimensional hyperspace, and thats nothing but a sphere in a sixth dimensional hyperspace…

Anyway, thats my theory, straight from me. I’d like to hear any comments on it, or additions/subtractions or any disections you would like to make to it :slight_smile:

Dont tell me I just made the 30,000th thread… !!! ??? !!!