Unofficial All-SDMB "This Post/Poster makes my day!" Thread

A slightly different post/poster caught my eyes today, and wanted to call out what it said about @Miller, but also all of us.

In his comments as he closed and locked a zombied pit thread, he said the following:

[Moderating]
Back in the before times, in the long-long ago, when this thread was started, we were a little more laissez faire about threads titled “I really hate [religious group]”. Now that we’re in the distant future, with our hover boards and domestic robots, we prefer not to have this sort of thing, so I’m closing the thread.

No sanctions to anyone involved, particularly if they posted back when flint knapping was the new big thing.
[/Moderating]

I loved the post, that we can look back at 20 years and recognize that we are no longer those people. For the record, there were many people in the original thread that absolutely called out the issues of condemning an entire group for the actions of individuals, and that the same applied for modern misinformation on other groups as well.

Anyway, here’s hoping :crossed_fingers: that 20 years from NOW, PTB willing, the SDMB or an incarnation of it, will be able to look back at some of our remaining hate and bloody-mindedness and close it with the same rueful humor and regret we saw from Miller today.