[QUOTE=Largo62]
Those are really nice. If he’s that good, why resort to that soulless ordure that he sells for all those millions of . . . never mind.
[/QUOTE]
Meh, they don’t do a thing for me. They lack…something. Maybe it’s soul. They’re just somehow lifeless and empty.
If I want pretty landscapes, I’d go for Claude Monet.
[QUOTE=WhyNot]
Because he thinks NATURE provides no variety? It’s just mind-boggling. I don’t get it.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe because nowhere does he say that nature provides no variety. I think he would be among the last to make such a statement.
He said he saw a rare variety of nature, i.e., a significant snowfall during the autumn peak. There are many things that we as individuals rarely encounter in nature. I have never seen a significant snowfall during the autumn peak either, and if I did, I too would think, hmm, that’s rare. I just hope that when I did, no one was standing near me, shrieking, “You think nature has no variety?! What’s wrong with you?!!!”
I agree with Walloon. He was saying “this particular variety [assortment] is rare” He didn’t mean that variety [variation] was rare as an occurrence. And I don’t think he meant variety as variation. He meant variety as in assortment. The particular assortment of snow together with autumn colors was a rare thing.