URGENT!! Can Anyone Help Get a Dog to Her New Home?

I can’t think of any other than …[COLOR=“Red”]AWESOME!!![/COLOR]

!

Gone2thedogs- I can understand your concern, but we do this any way we can. Above & Beyond doesn’t have the means to ship her or any other dog. The goal is to get her OUT of the shelter as quickly as possible. The dogs I have driven for in the past don’t seem stressed out, they seem grateful to be getting out of the shelter and given some attention and love. It’s certainly not ideal, but better that the alternitive.

With the economy & gas prices the way they are, people are generally unwilling/unable to do longer stretches. I know I wouldn’t be able to afford a long stretch drive.

Oh, just got the official word- Operation Aimee begins this morning!

Oh yeah. Forgot to tell ya’: You’re my new hero, PapSett!!! smoooch’n hugs

Your pal

Quasi

What a great thread! I wish I could’ve helped, but I’m not in the area. If you ever need to transfer a dog near the Detroit area I’m in!!!

I wish I could help, but I am in CA. I do this sort of animal transport here. The dogs I drive do not seem to have any particular stress over the transportation. I’m so glad this pup is getting her ride to freedom.

I will keep you guys in mind, we transport dogs all over the country. It’s WONDERFUL to see all the care & love this thread is generating.

Newest update on Aimee- we are running about an hour behind because the shelter opened late but everyone says she is riding well and her tail is wagging! I can’t wait to meet her!!

Oh yeah… in other critter volunteer news, I spent the morning/afternoon at the horse rescue, grooming for them. I actually impressed the owners because I was ablew to catch Sandy, an 8 month old Mini Horse in her stall, halter her & groom… they said Sandy does not normally allow that. :slight_smile:

What a great day!

Sorry I am late to the thread and in the wrong area, but just want to tell you I’d be honored to help transport a dog through NC if you ever need it. I live in the Raleigh-Durham area and I’m willing to drive anywhere in a 2-3 hour radius of that area.

Thanks Hockey Monkey! I will keep you guys in mind for future transports!

Coincidentally, on the Chronicle of the Horse MB, someone posted this today:

This is another setter being transported via Above and Beyond from SC to MA this weekend.

StG

What a precious baby!!!

We loves us some Dopers! :slight_smile:

Looks like we got us a new cause; 'y’all!

I already know some members of this new club of ours! Ain’t mentioning no names of course… :wink:

Bill

What a great story StG! Chance is a cutie!

Newest update from Above & beyond- Aimee ia on her way from Atlanta to Chatanooga- Susan is doing 2 legs, so it looks like you’re up next! :smiley:

Bill: I had BETTER be in the club! :wink:

SO cool!!

I’m on an email list for Michigan transport legs and transport when I can, but geographically, unless a dog is coming in or out of Michigan/Canada this state isn’t really on the way to or from anywhere.

However, anyone who sees this post please feel free to add me to a viable contacts list via PM. I have a van, crates, slip-leashes, treats and am more than happy to help when I can!

You’re the FARGIN’ PRESIDENT, ‘choo talkin’ bout, PS???:slight_smile:

Love you one thousand times, mah Dah-lin!!!:slight_smile:

Bill and Dondra

Well, the was almost a foster fail! Aimee is such a sweet dog I could easily have kept going right home! terribly, terribly thin, but a bundle of energy when being walked, and settled down in the front seat and dozed our whole leg. I had a moment of panic after I picked her up. I got in my car and turned hte key and…nothing. Not even trying to turn over. My car always starts. I put up the hood, wiggled the battery cables and she started right up. I took Aimee 30 miles further than the assigned drop-off because I had to go that far anyway and no reason for her to drive the extra way. The next leg had band-aids on her hand where she was bitten in fear by a dachshund she was transporting yesterday.

What a great experience. And what a great dog.

StG

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! What color is she? I haven’t seen a pic yet. I am so excited to have her over for the night! My dogs are having a sleep-over friend! LOL

Nashville leg is already finished and she’s on her way to Indy.

PapSett - She’s probably technically tri-colored, with white & black being primary, but I saw some mahogany over her eyes. It was hard for me to see her well since it was dark when I picked her up and dropped her off. I only saw her by streetlamp.

StG

Update: Just got the call from Sara and Clayton- they have Aimee and are on their way here with her!

And… heeeeeerrrrreeeeee’s Aimee! Getting a good-bye hug from our very own StG!

She is sooooo pretty… tri-belton… my favorite color on an English Setter!

PapSett - You can tell Lee’s a dog person - she cut off my face. :smiley: I tell you, this is such a sweet dog, you’re not going to want to send her on.

StG

LOL I know! I wouldn’t have posted it here without your permission if you had been identifiable!

Oh I am sure I’ll have a hard time letting go of her! I feel it in my bones already…