US Presidential Election: what is the weirdest scenario you can imagine

1.4% Clinton?

Which Clinton? Bill or Hillary? And can anyone come up with a scenario where either of them becomes President this year? A scenario that’s more likely than Pence or Sanders becoming President?

Hillary. BTW, using the Rothschild-Whathisname correction — betting markets over-estimate the chance of longshots — that 1.4% becomes 0.0157% ! (*)

But suppose that Biden is ousted (e.g. by severe illness) before or after the convention. There is no obvious player waiting in the bullpen, unless you think it’s Sanders. If a V.P. has already been selected, but is a 1st-term Governor or Senator — say, Whitmer or Duckworth — she’d hardly be a shoo-in for the Big Job.

If the Reds were faced with such a crisis they might turn to Romney, their previous standard-bearer. Similarly Hillary might seem like an obvious choice for the Blues.

I’m not saying this line of thought is correct. Feel free to lay down some bucks at Betfair and make some easy money!
(* - I understand that markets over-estimate longshots, but the Rothschild-Whathisname correction factor seems much too brutal. Lance Turbo — what do you think?)

Okay, THIS might be the weirdest and most unpredictable scenario: trump loses the election and leaves the WH quietly, on schedule, and with a modicum of dignity.

I know: BWAHAHAHAH, right? But get this:

White House nods to possible transition to new president in 2021
Josh Wingrove - Bloomberg - Monday, April 27, 2020

The headline says “White House,” but it doesn’t say it was trump who set this in motion, it was the Director of OMB. I gotta wonder if trump knows this guy is doing this? And if he finds out, will he call a halt and/or fire the poor schmuck for overstepping, losing faith, and showing disloyalty? Or maybe trump will give in to the the process and let it proceed as it should, urping him out at the end in the time-honored excretory manner.

That WOULD be very weird.

Imagine both candidates have COVID-19 and are on ventilators. So we are not sure if we are voting on Trump vs Biden or Pence vs Kamala, (just guessing) or some other combo.

I was going to suggest “Trump wins and liberals react like civilized adults” but the title says ‘unlikely’, not ‘impossible’.

Regards,
Shodan

sick burn bruh

You support invading countries under false pretenses in order to commandeer their resources. You support torturing prisoners and murdering their families. You support kidnapping children and putting them in concentration camps. You have no business talking about others behaving in a civilized fashion.

Trump dies of a massive stroke, on live TV. Widespread riots by his followers who claim foul play. These people congregating usher in a second wave of infection worse than the first; Pence is hospitalized in a coma. Red staters refuse to accept Pelosi as acting president. Some former confederate states secede, led by South Carolina. When Texas joins them, Pelosi decides to let them go and redefines the borders of the US.

The election in the reconfigured US votes Pelosi in for a full term. Biden is not offered a place in her cabinet.

The Confederacy requests and receives Trump’s embalmed body which is housed in a National Mausoleum. He can be viewed and worshipped there.

I don’t think the President, acting or otherwise, gets to decide either on where the borders of the US are, or whether or not states get to secede. Again, ‘unlikely’ is different from ‘impossible’.

Regards,
Shodan

I can top that: Trump is re-elected fairly.

America is the cat. The election is the vial of cyanide. Fairness is in the box. The box is the certainty, and we will never be able to see inside it. We can only be sure of the outcome.

It isn’t impossible. Few things are impossible. Secession is not one of the impossible things. Improbable yes.

The dissolution of the United States is absolutely necessary. There is no meaningful cultural connection between the various tribal affiliations and modalities of existence in this strained nightmare prison colony. It’s a rigged game that’s long since worn out its appeal.

I remember my freshman year of college too.

God, where does the time go?

Poseidon (the deity) rises from the Atlantic, beholds the Potomac, says “Fuck this,” and sends a cleansing wave. Fox News reports on Biden assault charges for several hours before mentioning the loss of many liberals and others.

Ninja’d by ThelmaLou but:

90% eligible voters cast valid ballots.
Clear result in both popular vote and EC.
All parties accept result.

Even if that did happen, it would be seriously weird.

Trump dumps Pence

Trump pulls in Palin as VP running mate

Trump and Palin tour the US - draw huge crowds to raucous rallies

The Republican Convention is all Trump/Palin - No other speakers

TrumPalin looses the popular vote by a landslide but gets an electoral squeaker

21 Jan 2021 - TrumPalin together announce the New World Order

Not nearly weird enough unless they attend rallies and convention in gold hazmat suits.

Trump dumps Pence and names Ivanka as his VP running mate.

Tara Reade recants her allegations and becomes Biden’s running mate.

Oprah forms a third party, with Dr. Phil as VP, and wins.

RR - Just checked the OP and have to retract #77. In a Trump administration #77 is not weird