Use the earth's electrostatic field to charge a car battery?

What the heck is a “negative flow”? A flow in the other direction? Other than what?

If your ammeter says you have a negative flow, then just swap the leads on it, and now it’s positive.

Feynman wrote,

10 picoamperes = stick with the solar cell

Actually it becomes much larger for sharp-point electrodes, and for high elevation. The e-field guides the charge-flow, and for a very tall pointy wire, the field lines from the tip will spread out and bend upwards, intercepting a quite large area of sky-currents. In the 70s Dr. O. Jefimenko was able to run his foil/plastic electrostatic motors using some tens of yards of fine wire lifted by a large balloon…

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/the-amazing-motor-that-draws-power-from-the-air/

Here’s a guy who recently built Jefimenko motors with his 3D printer, then lifted the wire using his quadcopter! (YT video)

The “Sky Voltage” might be good for charging a HV capacitor, but incredibly inefficient at charging batteries. The ladder might give some nanoamperes at 500 volts. What you really want is a taller “antenna,” intercepting some microamperes at 50KV or higher.

They’re 1920’s-style “Death Rays”.

Sorry positrons do exist physical phact. Say do you think we could swirch to a mpre modern language than that arachic ‘english’ you mention, which isn’t really a language anyway. How about mayan? Or aztec?

A negative flow is a flow that flows back into the source. A positive flow flows into the load. Those are engineering terms used to designate hand rules in technical electricity problems.

The issue is both earth snd iron are natural grounds so current has tendencies to always flow to either direction not into the load.

You can also loop your current flow in an attempt to to use metal wire inductice to profuce a steady flow from a bridge. Since you have both emf and reverse emf going you are knocking out 99.99999% of your attempt to produce anything. Maybe instead of concept rafting on eengleese language a class on static engineering might help.

Moderator Note

I said to cut the snark. Further remarks of this kind may be subject to an official warning. Unless you dial it back you are going to find your posting career here a short one.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

“Negative flow” and “positive flow” are not engineering terms; these phrases are never used by EEs.

Hmm. Instead of a ladder could I just haul a few square meters of sheet metal to the top of a building along with my battery and tie into the lighting arrestors for the ground? I know that things could get messy during a thunder storm, but I imagine I can set up a shunt do handle the occasional lightning strike.

Every circuit has current flowing both into and out of the source, and both into and out of the load.

I suppose you mean de-greed electrical, electronic, and technicians. Those are usually called ‘managers’.

I didn’t make this board. I agreed to no terms or to bend to nazi message board spys. Phfffffzzzzzzx…to you.

The almighty professor.

P.S. you may bow to my attempts at freeing the internet from its clouting ignorance and luddite ways.

Actually, you agreed to follow the instructions of the moderators when you accepted the registration agreement.

Since you seem to be renouncing that agreement, I think we can dispense with your continued presence.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

This should go well.

Dammit! I just made a fresh bucket of popcorn!

Fun while it lasted…

He lasted about 50 hours from first post to banning. What’s the record for quickest banning for non-spam accounts?

I’m sure I’ve banned blatant trolls within a minute or two of their first post. You don’t even see those guys.

That’s actually good. The battery would charge much faster that way.

:slight_smile: