Valerian- brand names

Does anyone know of a herbal supplement company that does Valerian caps which don’t smell like vomit?

“There is nothing you ought to do, for the simple reason that you know nothing, nothing whatever- make a mental note of that, if you please.”
-V. Nabokov

You need to ditch the valerian and melatonin and score some benzodiazepines. :slight_smile: I remember trying valerian once (don’t remember any bad smell). A triple dose did nothing for me.

Unfortunately, license-conscious MD’s refuse to precribe me anything fun like that. Maybe you’d like to help?

“There is nothing you ought to do, for the simple reason that you know nothing, nothing whatever- make a mental note of that, if you please.”
-V. Nabokov

In my pharmacy we sell Nature’s Herb by Twin Lab-no smell. I can score ya some benzo’s -for a price! He-He-He

“It’s a dog eat dog world out there and I’m wearing meat bone underware.” Norm Peterson

I took lorazepam (generic Ativan) back in my high school days. How many doctors have you been to? All I told mine was that I was a little jumpy and had trouble sleeping and that’s what he gave me. Is a trip to Mexico out of the question? :slight_smile:

Well, if you look at my profile page, you’ll see my occupation listed as Academic Slave/ Deadhead.

Even moonlighting as a deadhead, I don’t really make enough money to seek out a private doctor. As an Academic Slave, my health insurance pretty much limits me to the “Student Wellness Compound,” a place notorious for such lines as:

“Oh, dry hacking cough left over from bacterial pneumonia cracking your ribs? I suggest you try Robotussin.”

Natures Herbs or Natures Way (sorry, no bottle to look at) makes one called Valerian Nighttime PM that’s in a non-stinky white pill form that works for many folks. Valerian works as a relaxant for most people, but not in the overt way of most pharmaceutical downers. And in a tiny percentage of people, it acts as a stimulant. Never met one though…The stinkiness (like sweaty socks or rotting fruit) doesn’t, like garlic, translate to your breathe, so don’t worry.

I work in a health food store, and have had many people ask me about this (valerian does smell absolutely horrid). In my opinion, if it doesn’t smell so nasty, it might not be valerian at all. . . . my advice is to hold your breath and bear it (or just try melatonin, which probably works better for more people anyway).