Valley of the You're In Trouble

You’re in a vehicle convoy and you realize the main characters are traveling in the vehicle right behind you.

You’re a kid in the backseat of a car and your parents are arguing.

You walk into your apartment and there’s a grade school aged kid sitting at your kitchen table drinking lemonade…

“Right now you’re asking yourself why I seem familiar. Especially drinking lemon squash like your mum always made us.”

You’re in a vehicle convoy of any kind. The more bad-ass and heavily armed you look the more boned you are.

You are an infantry soldier in Vietnam. You have a girlfriend and a job waiting for you back home. You just got your discharge papers. A guy taking a jeep to Saigon to pick up supplies says you can ride with him and get there a couple of days earlier, than if you wait for the official transport deuce.

You’ve got all your permits, funding is in place, and in a few days you’ll be demolishing the old theatre to build some highly desirable housing which will hopefully give this ailing town the shot in the arm it so desperately needs. But then you hear that ragtag bunch of no-hopers are planning to put on a show to raise funds to stop you. I mean, the whole idea is just ludicrous.

It’s taken you a while to get him to propose, but the date is set and you’ll soon marry the man you love. But now there’s this ridiculously unsuitable woman he’s just met - in the most implausible of circumstances to boot - and you’re not sure what it is but he does seem to laugh at her jokes a lot, and she would look really pretty if she just did something with her hair and maybe lost the glasses…nah, it’s fine.

You had lots of unprotected sex on your vacation, because hey, when are you ever going back to Haiti again?

(old ad for ‘Bad Idea Jeans’ on SNL)

That was kinda more pointed back when it aired — when Hatians were one of the two groups generally identified as being affected by the AIDS crisis.

When you date or are about to get married to the main character of a series.

“He proposed! I’m going to be a Cartwright!”

You’re a cop, and it’s your last day/week/month before retirement.

Something nefarious is going on. You figured out that one seemingly-innocent person is Behind It All. In lieu of calling the police or any authorities, you confront the culprit, on your own, with no witnesses and without having told anyone where you’re going.

You walk into your apartment and there’s a grade school aged kid sitting at your kitchen table drinking lemonade…

“Right now you’re asking yourself why I seem familiar. Especially drinking lemon squash like your mum always made us.”

You have an argument with your wife/girlfriend over how you’ve been emotionally distant lately, and then you get on a boat.

What are these from?

You win the internet!

The leader of the group says, “Let’s split up.”

You read the Latin inscription on the monster statue in the quaint little town square after cutting your hand on the curiously sharp edge of the plaque.

You hear “battle music.”

You can no longer fast travel.

bows I’ll be here all week.

“Is it supposed to do that?”

“There was a momentary power surge in the transport chamber. I’ll check it out.”