Venting about insurance

It’s certainly the insurance companies job to know what the benefits are. Having said that I’m not surprised that they didn’t, especially as another poster pointed out, and based on my experience, having deductables for interviews but not therapy is uncommon… Pretty much every company that buys insurance for their employees tells the insurance company what benefits they want and sometimes there are multiple plans, so there are literally thousands of different benefit sets at a large insurance company. Each benefit set has dozens of paragraphs detailing what is covered at what level (which may change depending on the diagnosis, provider type, what network or tier the provider is in , what type of place the service was rendered in. So that you were quoted the wrong information isn’t surprising which is one of the reason there’s an appeal process.

I understand insurance because I work there. It doesn’t surprise me the least that other people don’t…

Comes now a NEW bill for a different provider (to a dermatologist) that they haven’t covered, either, even though my benefit summary says they do.

Yay!

I called and asked they send me my policy, and the rep said, “Policy in regards to what?”

:rolleyes:

My health insurance policy, ya DIP. Nevermind, please transfer me to a supervisor…