Very Vaguely Creepy

Seems like it’s been a long time since we’ve had one of these. Let’s discuss our recent Very Vaguely Creepy happenings – first hand, second hand, whatever.

I was looking at another message board, and in one thread people were sharing their ghost stories. This one from a nurse creeped me the hell out.

Should have let him die, I guess…
Several years ago, I dreamed about a childhood friend who had died when I was very young. It was one of those lucid-type dreams which seemed to go on forever, and we spent the whole time laughing and playing as if we were five years old again. Towards the end of the dream, he got real serious and said, “Be careful while crossing the street.”

A few weeks later, a family member was killed by a hit-and-run driver.

It’s probably coincidence of course, but it still gives me chills when I think about it.

Creepy, yes. A happening, probably not.

That was supposed to be shouldn’t have let him die. :smack:

Er, call me a skeptic, but I find that nurse’s story extremely hard to believe.

Actually it vaguely reminds me of a fiction I read a couple of weeks ago …

Burn, witch, burn by Abraham Merritt which can be found free on Feedbooks

Basic synopsis is criminal mastermind brings in a henchman that is suffering from something odd, who subsequently dies. Turns out that his death is the 6th or 7th similar one in the area [New York City] and they are all oddly linked, and demons are involved. Actually it would make a pretty decent movie if they could actually manage to do it exactly as a period piece with out shoving in all sorts of drugs, sex, blood and car chases.