Video game forums are fucking worthless.

(Sorry for the delayed response)

If you’ve got $20 for the EU3 expansion, Napoleon’s Ambition (NA), I’d heartily recommend picking it up. Like you, I was really looking forward to EU3, then when it came out, I was greatly disappointed in the released product. However, with NA installed, it’s almost like a different game.

Not only have they optimized game performance, so that the game runs much faster and hogs fewer system resources, with the latest patch (2.2), the AI is actually the best I have seen in any of their games, all the way back to EU1. It now plays without cheats and can be very cunning on a tactical level. Definitely the most challenging Paradox game I’ve played (though EU2 was still the most fun).

Hmm… Victoria, you say? You must be a micro-management masochist. :stuck_out_tongue:

I kid, I kid. Vicky’s a great game, but it is definitely deep and with a near-vertical learning curve. Certainly not a beer-and-pretzels type of experience like EU or HoI.

Love those pops!

I always preferred the Affronter ship names. I use Kiss the Blade as my handle for most online action games…

Do y’like… bread?

I think Really not all that bright would be a good name for a Culture vessel, personally.

Fuji - it wasn’t that I disliked EU3 particularly, it’s just that it didn’t really wow me. I clocked up so many hours playing EU2 and then just seemed to not really care that much about EU3. I think I’m into other things now as none of Paradox’s products really turn me on anymore.

Yeah, I’ve been playing this game since it first came out and I’m finally starting to not have to cheat that much. It takes a lot of effort to learn, but hey, I’m an alternative-history geek, so this game is right up my alley.

I have a French loaf.