Video game quiz - how many can you get?

I had 46 before I had to start cheating. After I read these spoilers, I STILL had 46. I was stuck on

Flower (seriously? flower?)
Vanguard
Shadow of the Collosus
Popeye (this one drove me the most crazy!)
Discs of Tron (I never would have gotten that one. I guessed Mega Man as soon as I started this game)
Crossbow (I see the cross, but where is Bow?)
Missile Command
Spy Hunter (oh, it’s one of THOSE clues)
Birdie King (NEVER EVEN HEARD of that game)

that was a nice waste of an hour…

Gah. That was unnecessary.

I gave up and cheated eventually. I don’t think I could have guessed the last ones anyway.

I gave up at eleven. I think I just got some of the most obvious ones. :frowning:

nt

24 for me, with a few where I just guessed a name from the picture.

I did it a few days ago and got over 50 before giving up, but I was disappointed in the game. Some of my incredibly nitpicky problems:

The mix of games from multiple sources (arcade, home console, and computer) and number of recent titles doesn’t fit well with the “classic arcade” theme of the game or Tron.

Flower is an odd choice; they’re either referring to an obscure and decidedly non-classic arcade game or the equally obscure Japanese-only PS3 title from 2009. Neither choice makes much sense.

DragonBall Z is another odd choice since it’s a license of a property known more for anime and toys, not games, and I doubt anyone other than DBZ fans would call any of the games classic.

Face Off is another one I’d never heard of, and in looking it up, the best bet is that it refers to an obscure arcade hockey game that never made it out of Japan. A friend says it’s also the name of a few mods for some FPSs, and another says it’s an old 1990’s Mac shareware game name.

Fire Truck is indeed an old arcade game (1970’s Atari release), but a classic? Similar with Birdie King, an early golf game that’s not exactly considered a classic.

Shadow of the Colossus relied more on someone recognizing an actual Colossus from the game, instead of being rebus-style like most of the other titles; should have used the Colossus of Rhodes or the X-Men Colossus.

Huh? Read your link - it’s not Japanese-only, it won “best independent game of 2009” at the Spike awards, and has gotten tons of press and recognition.

Sorry, coulda sworn I had read it, and saw it was Japanese-only. Even then, it’s a weird choice for a classic-themed game.

(And I had it in spoilers in case people wanted to play the game, mind if I report your post so a mod can put that in a spoiler box?)

Just got no 27, the one with the snake.

So, the currently solved ones are:

[spoiler]

1. Call Of Duty

2. Out Run

3. Frogger

4. Home Run

5. 720

6. NBA Jam

7. Flower

8. Rampage

9. Worms

10. Punch Out

11. Burger Time

12. Vanguard

13. Minesweeper

14. Face Off

15. Stargate

16. Star Castle

17. Golden Tee

18. Dragonball Z

19. Halo

20. Discs of Tron

21. Tron

22. Crossbow.

23. Shadow of the colossus

24. Tiger Heli

25. Burnout

26. Super Cobra

27. Space Ace

28. Smash TV

29. Silent Hill

30. Birdie King

31. R type

32. Missile command

33. Food Fight

34. Timesplitters

35. Bomberman

36. Golden axe

37. Double Dragon

38. Donkey Konga

39. Fallout

40. Paperboy

41. fire truck

42. Guitar hero

43. Spy Hunter

44. Joust

45. Asteroids

46. Dig Dug

47. Popeye

48. Goldeneye

49. Sea Wolf

50. Star Fox

51. Mousetrap

52. Defender

53. Metal Slug [/spoiler]
    By my reckoning this leaves us with just three to solve.

12 - the two balloons
29 - the running crystal (?) (its not diamond run)
40 - the wasp/ hornet with a blue thing

Balloon Fight
Boulder Run
Bejeweled

I figured out those three on my own, though they were annoying.

29 & 40

Boulderdash & Bejeweled

And was gonna add 12 but it’s been done above.