Video possibly showing Reptilian eyes

According to Wiki, the AllatRa movement is as flaky as the Theosophists. I think either someone is trolling them, or they are trolling us.

This is all it takes to convince you that “lizard people” exist?

What do you mean “other than that”? This is like asking, “Look at the video of a rock falling-other than the possibility of gravity existing, I can’t think of a semi-plausible explanation for what the video shows”.

Surely you meant to say, it seems insanely easy to debunk them.

Will you come back to this thread now that it hasn’t worked the way you hoped?

Seriously? Did you even read the thread?

We have one person saying that it’s a reflection of something; another person suggesting that it’s special contacts; yet another person thinking that she just has weird eyes; and still others claiming that it’s a straight-out hoax.

YOU may feel that something that draws such a myriad of contradictory explanations is “insanely easy” to debunk; I disagree.

And by the way, this thread has worked exactly as I hoped. My own “personal jury” so to speak is still out on the question of whether Reptilians exist; but from one perspective, such an explanation has the advantage of being neat, tidy, and concise. By contrast, the people who reject the possibility of Reptilians have turned the situation into a sprawling, untidy mishmash of competing theories, with no clear indication of which one should be believed.

THIS sort of situation is precisely why some people turn to conspiracy theories for answers, because the “debunkers” trip all over themselves and each other, and the only thing that they end up doing is to create a messy welter of – at best – semi-convincing explanations, with no good explanation of why one pet debunker theory is better than another.

I was hoping to create a real-time example of such a situation, and I succeeded beautifully.

Well, given further evidence, I rejected my original theory, and went with the CGI as that looks to be the most plausible explanation. Occam’s Razor and all that.

No, It just indicates that there are many plausible explanations other than the ridiculous one that lizard people exist.

Bullshit. All you’ve done is show that it is insanely easy to find ephemeral bits of weirdness or outright fakery in the fantastically complicated world but next to impossible to instantly produce definitive explanations without being able to truly examine the evidence. And doing so is the actual definition of science.

Far from what you said, you provided a perfect example of why all conspiracy theories are immediately derided by everyone who has their heads in reality. CTers demand impossible standards from debunkers while giving themselves leeway to include and accept anything that works in their favor. Bullshit peddlers seem to be COVID victims when it comes to smelling their own smells. The rest of us will continue not to want to step anywhere close to the dungheaps.

In case you’re having trouble following the logic of the two posts above, let’s try an analogy. A one-car accident occurs on a deserted stretch of road, killing the driver, who we’ll call Bob.

Conspiracy Theorist: Bob knew too much about a government cover-up of the discovery of perpetual motion! The government doesn’t want anyone to know that this free energy source exists because it will upend the status quo and elites won’t be able to control the masses any more. So they caused an undetectable mechanical malfunction to the car so Bob would be killed as he was on his way to reveal this bombshell to the world!

First Cop on the scene: Damn, another accident on this same stretch of road. It wouldn’t be the first time a car sped on the straight stretch and then lost control on the curve. The county really needs to redo this section of road. Dollars to donuts, the guy was speeding.

Her partner: Huh, I dunno, I don’t see the kind of skid marks I’d expect if that were the case - doesn’t the ground seem a bit wet? I’m wondering if a freak shower interfered with his visibility and he just didn’t see the curve in time.

EMT #1: Hey, that looks like Bob! He actually lives down the street from me. Guy’s a total alcoholic. I’d be really surprised if alcohol wasn’t a factor.

EMT #2: Look, he’s still clutching his cell phone. Another distracted driver, I’ll bet.

Passing motorist who stops: Did you guys see that dying deer a ways down the road? You think maybe he swerved trying to avoid it and that’s what caused the accident?

Okay, now we have, in your words, a “sprawling, untidy mishmash of competing theories, with no clear indication of which one should be believed.” Maybe the accident was caused by speed! No, it was weather! Nope, drunk or distracted driving! No way, it was a deer jumping in front of the car!"

Investigators will be able to check out these theories. A drag sled will tell them about the vehicle speed. A blood test will reveal whether the driver was under the influence. Meteorology reports will specify whether there were freak showers in the area at the time of the accident. Phone records can be checked to see if he was on the phone when the accident occurred. The dead deer and the car can be examined to see if there was a vehicle-animal impact.

But according to you, the CT’ers are the sensible ones in this scenario, because they don’t need any evidence, they can just rely on hysteria and silly beliefs, whereas the other theories that were proposed will ultimately need evidence to support them.

It’s even worse than that. The CTers would require definitive proof from people who did nothing but look at a picture of the crash and never went to the site or talked to the witnesses.

Didin’t you guys watvh “V”?
V The Visitors - Diana & Anna eating rats - Bing video

Well, they did that with Karen Silkwood and got away with it. So we know stuff like that does happen!

Moderator Warning

The only thing that you have succeeded with here is to receive an official warning for trolling.

If you want to make insincere posts just to see the reactions and promote some sort of reptilian nonsense, do it somewhere else. The SDMB is about fighting ignorance, not promoting it.

This is an official warning for trolling.

Thread closed.