Virginia gov. yearbook page has Klan and blackface pictures

He admitted that it was him at first and then backtracked.

Nope, listen to what he said.

The WaPo article linked to in post 248 has this quote from one of the guys who put the yearbook together:

If that’s correct, doesn’t matter who’s in the pictures. He supplied them himself.

And another article explains why it came to light now:

A tip from a ‘concerned citizen’ helps a reporter land the scoop of a lifetime about Northam

I thought he might be clumsily saying “I am no longer the person who appeared in that photo”. But then he *could *have expounded.

What he’s said has been so bizarre and contradictory that he really, really, REALLY needs to give a full and unfettered explanation of what the hell is going on. Maybe there’s some super bizarre version of events that mostly exculpates him.

However, we’ve been awaiting that full explanation since Friday afternoon. And this isn’t the sort of explanation that needs advance crafting. At some point, it’s fair to conclude that he doesn’t plan to give a full unfettered explanation. And I think that point’s already passed.

This deserves a Pitting, so here you go.

What I like is the juxtaposition of:

With:

Yeah, Howley, tell me more about how this is all about your hatred of racism. :rolleyes:

“The Negro”? Seriously?

“See? The *Democrats *are the *real *racists!”

Well we’ll see how the Dem rank and file react. Remember they ignored Mayor Michael Hancock sexually harassment of a women in his security detail that ended up transferring so we’ll see if they attack Trump as racist but condone this.

There isn’t much condoning going on right now, is there?

Now the lieutenant governor is denying a charge of sexual assault back in 2004. I wonder how that will play with the #metoo movement/false accusations are rare/believe the woman.

I don’t know anything about the alleged inconsistencies in the alleged victim’s accusation, but he claims the Washington Post says the accusation is not credible. If that’s a good enough standard, he’s home free.

Regards,
Shodan

You would think he would have known about this before running and went ahead and told people so it wouldnt have been brought up later.

Huh? This is obviously supposed to be a parody of the way asahi perceives Northam is justifying what happened. I don’t think the parody contributes anything worthwhile to the debate, but I don’t see what the problem is in using “Negro” in a supposed parody of regressive attitudes.

The Dem rank and file have been saying that he should resign since the beginning.

This is new - about Fairfax now, the Lt Gov who would replace Northam.

It’s pretty obvious this is a witch hunt by the rabid anti-choice brigade, which only strengthens my resolve that the right thing to do is not resign and reward those tactics. It might not be the politically wise thing to do, however.

The defense “it was a witch hunt” is worthless if they discover an actual witch. The motivation for uncovering bad stuff is ultimately irrelevant - you have to simply weigh the evidence that’s uncovered on its merits.