Vocalist who are lead guitarists

Buddy Guy (he toured with a band that included a rhythm guitarist)
Albert King

B.B. King

Though he’s been a solo artist for decades now, John Fogerty was both lead vocalist and lead guitarist for CCR.

Trey Anastasio of Phish

Susan Tedeschi
Bonnie Raitt

Tommy Shaw of Styx sang lead on a number of their songs, but I’m not sure if he or James Young was the primary lead guitarist.

I’m pretty sure it rotated, like with a lot of bands with two lead guitarists (Def Leppard springs to mind).

I’m not sure I’d include them. Not only were they a 3-piece band, but Greg Lake usually played bass when he sang. Or he played acoustic guitar. He didn’t do all that much lead work.

Dave Edmunds

Justin Hayward (of the Moody Blues)

Two of the better lead singer/guitarists lately are Matthew Bellamy of Muse and Jack White of the White Stripes.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that just about every blues guitarist does his/her own vocals. And since they generally have a band behind them rather than playing solo, I think it fits the OP.

John Pizzarelli.

I know, you’ve never heard of him, but he is a jazz guitarist with a band who also sings.

Are we including two-piece bands now? Because I once saw a one-man band where the guy was playing a bass drum, cymbals, a harmonica, an accodion, pulled out a guitar, and while he was playing the guitar he was also singing! I don’t know if he had any top 10 hits on Billboard though.

Man, 35 posts in and no one has mentioned Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins?

Rik Emmett of Triumph did about 2/3 of the lead vocals, with drummer Gil Moore doing the rest.

I was going to mention Junior Brown. Not only is he playing lead and singing lead, he’s playing two different kinds of guitars! I’ve seen him live a few times, and it’s like watching a juggling act. He’s amazing!

Buck Dharma sang lead on a fair number of Blue Oyster Cult tunes (including their best known song, Don’t Fear the Reaper").

I’m looking at Wikipedia’s list of lead guitarists, and a few more names jump out at me (Adrian Belew, Rivers Cuomo, Roger McGuinn, Steve Miller).

I was always under the impression that James Iha was their lead guitarist? I’m not sure who they have playing guitar now…maybe Billy took over full guitar duties?