Wacky parenting

If a pissed off two year old can manage to come up with reasoning that cogent, I doubt they’d be liable to have tantrums in the first place! By the time they figure out that in all actuality Mom ears can hear anything illicit or naughty done through bank vault level doors they’re past the tantrum stage. It all works out…

Doesn’t anyone use catapults or trebuchets anyomre?

Somewhere out there, there is a children’s book entitled ( I thought) " Why"

About a little girl named Lilly who asked “Why?” All the time and how her dad tried his best to answer the questions. But, sometimes it was just too much for him.

And then one day, wouldn’tcha know it, all because of her propensity to always ask, “Why?” she saves the planet from an alien attack.

Things rarely work out that way in real life, though. For one thing, there’s middle-management to contend with.

Not since we went through all of the old growth trees and stopped using lead paint. The range just isn’t there anymore.

• I always keep my school books in my book bag, which is always on top of the pile, in that corner there, behind the door (just because you don’t understand my organization doesn’t mean I don’t do it)
  • My friends never hang out in my room, and besides, many of their rooms are worse
  • If that happens, let me know and I’ll clean it

-What grief? I’m 32 and have never been aggrieved in any way by my dirty room

• My room only affects me, I’m happy to contribute to other areas that affect the rest of my family
  • In my life I have been in many bedrooms in many states of tidiness and it’s never bothered me at all, or affected anybody’s chances of getting laid (as far as I could tell).

Also: I don’t eat in there, I do my own laundry and I keep the door closed so you don’t have to look at it.

Sorry to be a smart-ass. I’ve always been one. I blame my parents.

H. Keeping your room clean helps your stuff stay presentable longer: your clothes are not wrinkled, your CDs are not scratched, your shoes are not barfed on by the cat.

I. Because I can smell it.

J. Because it may be “your room”, but it’s in the apartment that I’m paying rent on. Part of that lease states that the place must be kept “clean and in good order”.

K. Because my rate for housecleaning starts at $30 per hour and you have no job to pay my wages.

L. Because I spend hours on a message board discussing with other posters how to make your life a living hell, and this is one of the best we came up with.

M. Because I have pictures of you wearing nothing but boots, and I know your girlfriend’s email address. Trust me, you want to keep me happy.

I buy my own clothes and do my own laundry, so what business is it of yours? I thought you were trying to teach me to take responsibility for my own stuff.

Also I keep my CDs nicely organized (that and my books), and you know the cat isn’t allowed in my room anyway (that was your rule, not mine!)

No, as stipulated above, I don’t ever take food in there and I do my own laundry.

The deed on my parents house had no such stipulation. In this case our mileage clearly varies.

If I lived in your place I’d need a legal opinion on whether clothes and papers everywhere violates the “clean and good order” part.

If you perform a service for payment without seeking prior agreement on my part, I don’t know how you can expect me to go along with it. I thought you were teaching me about adult responsibilities - is that how adults do business?

I spend hours on a message board discussing how to be a smart-ass.

Clearly, you’ve never met my girlfriend. :wink: