Wal-Mart

Oh, yeah… //\etalhea|) was right about the CHANT, BOB, and LISA stuff too but it’s unrelated to what Nuthinboutnuthin was talking about.

As he said, everyone’s supposed to always check to make sure there’s no theft but only the really gung-ho types actually give a damn about the actual acronyms.

Usually, if an associate came up to you while you were checking someone out and asked if you “had seen BOB” with a jerk of their head to the bottom of the shopping cart, you’d know someone was trying to get away with something but they’d also get a “Uh, yeah… I know. Go away, freak” look in return for their troubles.

These inspections may just be required in overseas factories, but we would get hit by charges for reinspections of overseas facilities. As an internal audit department, we made sure that we paid attention when reports of problems came in via these reports.

Stateside may be a different matter - and I don’t know what industry you’re in, but the apparel industry got a LOT of heat for overseas factories in the early/mid 90’s.

Also, the code of conduct was required to be posted in any of our factories or contract factories (again, at least overseas), in the local language. I’ve got photocopies in my aparment now that I found when I cleaned (I don’t remember what language they’re in, but it’s not anything I can read).

When I worked at Wal*Mart store management did the cheer twice a day. The first one was at 9:00AM for the morning shift (usually done in front of customers) and the second one after the store closed for the evening and overnight shifts. If we had a new employee they would be asked to lead the cheer…most of the time they didn’t know it would be okay if they refused.