Walken on SNL!

Good guess, but not quite right. Nader tried to crash the club, and the doorman kicked him out.

It was Conan O’Brien.
And Elliot Gould was there too.

I thought Conan would make an appearance– Walken asked him to on Thursday when he was on his show (talking about how he was just sitting around his apartment when his hair… grew). That disappointment asied, I thought Walken was as great as ever, minus the Continental and a few minutes here and there. I especially liked Pranksters and the lifeboat (“Sorry about the gay stuff”) bits. Hmm… could have used more cowbell, though.

Walken has done it every time he’s hosted, that I can remember.

Yeah, I know Walked has done it. I’m talking about the comment tha the original “Not Ready For Primetime Players” did “The Continental”. I have no recollection of that.

Did anyone ever see Jay Mohr do “Christopher Walken’s Psychic Friends Network”? Man, that was hilarious.

“Why aren’t you calling? Todd Bridges will come to your house! Gary Busey is here to take your calls. He suffered a massive head wound! And for what? For YOU?”

Loved Weekend Update. Steve Martin’s “Cameo” was hilarious. So was Will and Brittney (But Will, aren’t you married? …But it’s Brittney Spears!)

Also liked several news tidbits… (paraphrasing) “Farmers in the USA will now be allowed to grow genetically modified corn. The corn is exactly like regular corn, with one difference. It screams when you eat it.”
There was also one about Sigmund Freud that I cannot duplicate here, but it was hilarious.

Count me in with the other sophisticated high-brow comedy-lovers who thought the Colonel Angus sketch was hilarious. Sure, it went on too long, but the bow at the end was priceless.

I was a little disappointed with the “lovahs” sketch, just because it seemed like the perfect setup, having Christopher Walken doing that bit. The funniest part was just seeing Rachel Dratch about to crack up through the whole thing.

Plus, Tina Fey was in a sketch! She was one of the barmaids for the Vegas sketch. She didn’t say anything and wasn’t particularly funny, but Tina Fey was in a sketch!

It was good, but it needed much more cowbell.

The Colonel Angus sketch left a bad taste in my mouth.

d&r

John Lovitz? (“Hey Work is WORK!”)

I think Jon Lovitz was a waiter.

Conan O’Brien was the guy at the door who wouldn’t let Ralph Nader in.

Alas, I fell asleep-- I remember the Weekend Update and Colonel Angus bits, some of the lifeboat…and The Continental.
But that’s about it.

I will admit, it took me a minute or two to understand the Colonel Angus bit. :smack:

When I was watching the Colonel Angus sketch, I thought it was just about the stupidest thing I had ever seen. Numerous nasty remarks crossed my mind during the sketch until right at the end of the sketch when light dawned on my marble head and I bellowed

“god damn I’m stupid”

…and my sister agreed. In hindsight, I guess it was a funny skit, just wish I would have caught on a little quicker.

The rest of it was pretty good as well, especially the weekend update. The Foo FIghters would have been good but I couldn’t really hear their voices very well.

did any of you see the simpsons when they had walken reading childrens books to kids… they were all terrified… it was hilarous… i think of that and the music video he was in everytime i see him

The book he was reading was Goodnight Moon, Frida’s_Boss, and they had Jay Mohr doing Christopher Walken’s voice. Jay Mohr does a wonderful Christopher Walken impression.

Walken was terrible with the cue cards Saturday night. You’d think such an experienced host would be better with that. He seemed to be phoning it in.

“Scootch closer, children!”

The five timers sketch is probably my favorite sketch ever.

“Try the Anthony Michael Hall…it’s suprisingly good…”

The ‘Ed Glosser: Trivial Psychic’ routine was great! It’s based on Walken’s role in The Dead Zone but the catch is he can only forsee unimportant events:

“You’re gonna get an ice cream headace!”
"It’s gonna hurt . . . . real bad!"

That’s part of Walken’s charm. He obviously reads off the cue cards, but unlike say, DeNiro, he can get away with it because he’s Christopher Freaking Walken.

Now quit being a Stiffly McStifferson, or I’ll have to prank you to death with a tire iron.