Want to punch an actress

Incidentally, would it change anything if the guy actually interrupted a good song rather than a drippy 80s synth-ballad by Spandau Ballet?

This is the commercial, by the way – - YouTube

See, I feel exactly the opposite. I hate the driver for obnoxiously interrupting his wife and friends’ joyful performance of “True” with his boring car performance statistics. They’re all enjoying themselves and he turns the volume down to prattle on about his car. And apparently he’s been doing that all evening. He’s the jerk here.

But the guy I hate even more is in the Chevy with his elderly parents who want to give him $2 for gas and he makes condescending remarks about not needing money. I just fucking hate the smug expression on his face. “It’s called technology dad.” I just want to slap the hell out of his face.

Of course, the dad is obnoxious and stupid too, but I hate the son more.

Basically, what I’m learning is that people who drive Chevrolet Malibu Ecos are assholes.

DC Comics once ran a storyline where Superboy punched reality so hard that it changed. Maybe that’s what Bricker needs to do.

You are all missing the real villain of the piece, which is the guy in the backseat who goes “Dude, it’s Spandau Ballet” as though he turned off Beethoven or something.

I mean, no one in the US is a big Spandau Ballet fan. No one. Probably less than one person in a thousand can even name more than one song by them.

You don’t need to name more than one song by them. For people my age, “True” is part if the soundtrack of our youths. Prom, homecoming, all that.

True.

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Kathy Griffin.
We can still punch her, right?

I rewatched the commercial to be sure, but when I watched it, I felt the poor driver (designated) was just desperatley trying to get his wife and tipsy friends to stop caterwauling for a minute and Just. Be. Quiet. Like his new car. He tried to do the same thing on the way to the restaurant as well, but they Just. Kept. Singing. Badly.

Indeed, that commercial only makes sense if you assume everyone except the driver is drunk.

I was born in 74. Trust me, I like the song. But I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of spandau ballet, any more than I’m a fan of flock of seagulls or aha, as much as I like their one hit.

Nobody said they had to meet some kind of official definition of “a fan of Spandau Ballet.” The behavior in the car is perfectly realistic given what I know about that song and what I know about people my age, by direct observation even.

I’m with Bricker. I want to punch her… AND the driver for interrupting with his boring litany of car features. AND everyone at the ad agency meeting where they came up with this idea.

Does nobody want to punch the guy from Spandau Ballet?

The only commercial actress I’d like to punch is the bitch in the beer commercial with the Bluetooth: “Do you want to go to a party giggle …with me?” The nasty look she gives the poor bastard who thinks she’s talking to him pisses me right off.

Even ignoring the Rhymer rule against hitting girls, I cannot support this rant. It wasn’t the wife being obnoxious; it was the husband. Everyone else was clearly enjoying the song–singing along with it, for Athena’s sake-- and he turns off the stereo to do a car commercial? The wife was exactly right to slap him down.

Also, the wife’s cute.

I think that girl from the sparkly vampire series needs a good backhand to wipe that bunny sneer off her face- am I evil?

He’s been punished enough.

Seconded. We loved that gal’s response, and the look she gives the driver is priceless.

[pedantic]A great song, but the lyrics are actually “got no use for the real world”.[/pedantic]

Bricker
Wrong thread…should have been: “what actress in which role do you want to punch?”

I would start it, however that TRO is remains in force…