Was he in the wrong?

Tiny, you have got some great stories. We should hang out some time.

Seriously though, what kind of a moron takes another person’s plate in a restaurant, eats it all, and then eats her own meal?

Seriously though, what kind of a moron lets another person take his plate in a restaurant and eat it all, before eating her own meal?

Does not compute.

Did they put boogers in it first? Sorry, sorry.

Don’t stick for the husband. Never ever get in the middle of a married couple*. It’s their problem. Maybe it turns him on, who knows?

*Ok, unless you see actual abuse happening. I’ll give you that.

Hmmm…

I’ve had something like this happen before where a former friend of mine who happened to be visiting actually poked (fairly violently, but not quite enough to be a stab) her husband’s hand with a fork when he tried to sample some of her food. Her husband looked astonished and humiliated, but it was clearly something that happened fairly frequently. I just made a joke like, “Yikes. Now I know to stick to my own plate!” or something equally nonsensical.

However, if your friend were to do that with said friend’s wife, she’ll probably assume he was denigrating her because she’s fat. Truly, I don’t see a win here. I’d just let it go unless he brings it up.

That’s a really shitty thing to do, though.

*If *this really happened, my guess is that it’s a Dom/sub thing, and/or it might be tied to hubby having a feeder fetish. Perhaps your friend misinterpreted the interplay between them. Either way, it’s not appropriate to exhibit your private fetishes in the public eye or in front of an old friend.

I can’t really see an argument for this NOT being something sexual. If she were just a fat chick with a really huge appetite, she would have simply ordered 2 plates for herself.

Sorry to contradict your contradiction (full to the brim of content as it was :rolleyes:), but most people who weigh 400+ pounds do not steal the food off their spouses’ plates in restaurants. Or their friends’ plates. Or anybody’s plate at all. This is highly atypical behavior, *regardless *of size. Being fat does not automatically make a person bizarrely selfish and inconsiderate. Hence my belief that it’s something sexual. Or maybe she had a psychotic break :slight_smile:

I’ve seen that happen, not usually with giant fat women but with chunky bulimic women. They make a big deal about how they never eat and they’re so skinny and they don’t want to order anything but that’s weird so they’re going to order a small side salad with no dressing. Their salad comes and they eat 2/3 of their date’s meal and whatever else they can swipe from anyone else’s plate “just one little taste!” at a time. Then they take one or two bites of their salad and proclaim they are full, because they are so small and they never eat and 1/4 of a small side salad with no dressing fills them up!

It drives me nuts.

Quoted for truth. .

I seriously doubt there’s much of any truth in this thread.

Go look at my thread about the woman’s boob falling out of her dress at the DMV. I can guarantee you that really did happen. :eek:

That seems more realistic than the events described in the OP.

Especially combined w/ the other thread from this OP. Dopers will fall for anything, it seems.

What does that have to do with this thread, though?

It had a booger on it.

Nex time they go out, the friend should grab the wife’s plate and dig in. Then he should pass his plate to the downtrodden husband. Everybody wins.

Touche!

No really, it was just on my mind.

Please I beg you -gack- stop with the -bletch- booger -retch- references. I am trying to pretend I never read that thread.

Now I’m ending every thought I have with “and it had a booger on it.” It’s like the Straight Dope version of adding “in bed” at the end of the fortune in a fortune cookie. Only not.

And shit.

Win!