Was Jesus a Creationist?

Creationists contend Jesus supported their literalist view, but did He?

John 17:24
“Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.”

“Founding” is an act of creation. IMHO.

BTW, www.unboundbible.com is a fantastic reference…

No, he was well-versed in the works of Darwin and was a gradualist.

Nope. If you’d asked Jesus, he could have told you: “There are turtles all the way down!”

LOL! tomndebb, you’re somethin’ else.

I don’t think there were any other ideas available at the time. The “creationist” view was simply accepted as fact, or at least as the best explanation for things.

He created the world, I suppose He was , then.
!

Well if we go from Jesus = God (or is part of God) the Jesus knows what God knows and Jesus therefore knows the truth of creation.
Most people now believe the truth of creation was very much similar to Darwinian evolution. Ergo most believe that Jesus knew about (not believed, omniscient beings know truth and have no need to mearly believe) evolution.
If for some reason you believe creationist view is the literal truth, then you would be forced to believe that is what Jesus knew to be true.
If you believe thet Jesus != God, and Jesus was completely Huamn and not omniscient, then he would most likely believe what was currently believed at the time by his compatriates, a historian would answer this well but I susspect it would be belief in creation as told by the Hebrew bible.

Have to define creationist more thoroughly

As some have hinted at already, the various scientific alternatives to a creationist viewpoint have only been around for a relatively short period of time (I’m not sure exactly how long, but we’re talking a few centuries at most). Prior to the elevation of what is now considered “scientific” thought, most cultures believed in some variation of creation with their own deities and heros playing major roles in the story. Even disregarding the question of whether or not Jesus was God (that’s a whole other Debate that’s raged for mellenia), we can postulate that, since Jesus was a Jew, he probably was taught the Jewish/Biblical creation story.

No offense johndcal, but how many boards are you going to spam with this? You OBVIOUSLY don’t want to defend this position so why bother posting?

Spam 1 I’ve run across

Spam 2

Spam 3

Spam 4

Were you planning on checking back into any of these threads???

He seems to have referred to Genesis as if it were established fact - Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6, Luke 11:50-51.

He was born a first-century Jew. As Beadalin says, this was taken for granted during His day.

Regards,
Shodan

Portrait of a Spammer

Spam number 5!

In case any of you are wondering what he might be ‘spamming’ check out his website link.

Lets look at this closely shall we?

Jesus Christ is the Son of God

God created the Universe

Jesus Christ knows this.

Jesus is not about to become a supporter of evolution, a theory that wont be invented for 1800 years, and try to explain it to uneducated fishermen and villagers while trying to fullfill the prophecies of the old testament.

Yeah, hes a jew too; not a christian.

I thought that wouldve been obvious :smack:

Spam 6

Now, I’m not going to run down and check all the boards, so I’ll assume you all get the idea.

One thing I did want to know is why would you put that post on the internet infidels discussion Message Board? I realize not everyone on there is an atheist…but…

Meatros,
do you mean this part?:

He’s not coming back, is he?

Who Jesus? Or Johndcal?

:smiley:
I’d say if Johndcal is busy developing Voyager and Giotto Space Mission Simulator

LOL. johdcal, the spammer, of course.