Was Skinwalkers so bad that they pulled it?

Nope. Its a real deal. Thats why you never hitchhike at night round here.

PG-13:horror::vegetarian:barbecue

I had the same vague impression, that it might be a vampire movie; I think it’s because the ads showed a mouth with giant fangs protruding, and it looked more like a vampire than a werewolf. The only reason I thought it might not be a vampire movie is just that there have been so many of those in the l ast decade that I thought it must be something else.

You can’t trademark titles. You can’t copyright titles. You can’t reserve titles for your own use in any way. The Clancy example is for a series, not for an individual title. The individual titles in the series include Conviction and Chaos Theory, obviously titles that have been used a million times before. The trademark is for “Entertainment services namely television action series and the production of motion pictures;” " Computer game instruction manuals and published guides containing suggestions on how to play the computer games;" “Entertainment services namely providing an on-line computer game for others over global and local area computer networks and providing information on-line relating to computer games, video games and computer and video games related products;” and "Software and electronic games, namely software games recorded on CD-ROM and digital video discs for computers; software games recorded on CD-ROMs, digital video discs, and cartridges for console and individual, portable gaming systems; software games that are downloadable from a remote computer site; and software games for mobile phones, personal digital assistants, and handheld computers. " Books aren’t even mentioned.

Titles can and will be duplicated all the time. There is nothing anybody can do to stop it.

Nah, vegetarian BBQ is infinitely better than a PG-13 horror movie.

True, I could just imagine the conflict being resolved by someone herding all the werewolves into a holding pen just by shining a laser pointer into it.

I’d never heard of the legend. I just saw the poster, which, as chorpler described, shows a woman with fangs and did nothing to make me think “werewolf.”

Not 100% true with regard to movies. The MPAA has a title registration service; members and signatories may be prevented from re-using titles depending on various subjective criteria.

This does not apply to and is not enforceable for independent and/or foreign films, obviously. And equally obviously this has nothing to do with books, video games, songs, or other media.

But there are certain circumstances in which a title may not be available for re-use.

More info here.

You’ve got to e-mail this idea to the Shaun of The Dead/Hot Fuzz guys :smiley:

Animal gene in action

This seems more appropriate considering the subject of the thread.

How about…

PG-13:horror::Christian:rock? :stuck_out_tongue:

The only connection I have to this film is seeing the advertisements on the DC Metro. They confused the hell out of me.

The woman’s hair is blowing out of control in a gale of wind, and the gallon of saliva from her mouth is dripping straight down! There’s no way that could happen!

A surprisingly good review from the Onion’s AV club.

Well, you can count on The Onion to not be pretentious (or at least they don’t mean it when they try to look pretentious) and if Skinwalkers is cheesy popcorn fun, I can expect them to be fair about it. Frankly, compared to the overblown FX-showcases mentioned in the review, Skinwalkers might be refreshingly low-key.

I’m still not gonna pay to see it, though. It’ll be on cable sooner or later.

There was a media blitz for Skinwalkers on IFC. For a couple weeks it seemed they ran an extended trailer for it between every movie.

It appears to be a Canadian movie. Baaad sign.

Actually Ginger Snaps is an excellent Canadian werewolf movie. The first sequel is even better, IMO.