Was the Girl Scouts right to delete a post honoring Amy Barrett's appointment to the supreme court?

Focus coach, focus.

Girls scouts

You claimed it was the worst kind of cancel culture, I countered with a far worst example.

As for Barrett, she’s entirely unqualified to be on the SCOTUS. During her hearings, she couldn’t even name all the rights protected by the First Amendment.
Tellingly, it was the right to protest that she forgot.

Yes but the cancel culture comment was just that, a comment. Not the argument.

You mentioned it, that puts it in play.

Yet another terrible conservative argument. The GS do support all women.

They just don’t single out and honor women who are working to destroy the rights other women have fought for decades to obtain. They are under no obligation to do so.

They did though, then they didn’t. The why they took it down should interest us all.

The tweet was entirely a-political.

Sure, it’s in play if you’d rather not address the actual argument.

I’m not interested in following you down an irrelevant rabbit hole.

That you dug.

You win bro, I stopped digging a long while ago meanwhile here you are, still digging!

So got anything of substance to post about the actual, you know, argument?

I’ll add something: this is a typical bit of conservative misdirection.

In my hometown, the university was shut down for a day, and my school went into lockdown, because someone painted a BLM mural and someone else called in a death threat if the university didn’t paint it over. And people with guns stood outside polling places and yelled at early voters. Just in the past couple of weeks. Just in my town.

If you’re really concerned about “cancel culture,” you should be up in arms about these events, these genuine attempts to silence dissent. The entire conservative movement should be raising hell over this sort of thing.

Instead, they target Girl Scouts for deleting a Tweet.

There’s definitely ideological consistency here, but it’s not about free speech. Not remotely.

See, the thing is, only in your mind.

I am against both.

Easy enough to say! Pay attention to which kind of “cancel culture” gets all the attention from the right. Hell, how many right-wingers have gone out of their way to complain about the terrorists who tried to run the Biden bus off the highway? Some of them will condemn it if it’s shoved in their face, but very, very few have taken the time to bring it up on their own.

I saw limited reporting but I did watch the video. If you watch closely the truck in question, did not in fact, attempt to run the car off the road.

It is rather hard to tell exactly what happened but I am sure , in your mind, you already know.

My point exactly. Damn those girl scouts, thought, amirite!

The ideological consistency is perfectly clear. It ain’t about free, unfettered speech, not remotely.

The difference being, you can read and understand the Girl Scouts tweet. It was entirely a-political.
Why then did they remove it? Listening to the Girl Scouts explain it, it was because OTHERS made it political.

Nah, man. The difference is, one event (the Girl Scout Tweet) is entirely trivial and insignificant, and is being promulgated by people who have never before read a Girl Scout Tweet in their lives, because promulgating it perpetuates a false conservative narrative about those Evil Libruls and Their Attack on Free Speech. The other event was a coordinated, politically-motivated, extremely dangerous attack on a political opponent, about whom the most charitable reading is that it was intended as a meanspirited prank a la 4chan. And it’s being de-emphasized and even defended by conservatives because the modern conservative movement is largely thrilled with mean-spirited and dangerous attacks on their opponents.

A person who was genuinely concerned about protecting free speech wouldn’t respond to the Biden attacks by saying BUT TEH VIDEOS MAKE IT UNCLEAR WHO SWERVED. They would respond by, without prompting, wholeheartedly condemning such dangerous, irresponsible, and antidemocratic behavior as a coordinated highway swarm of a political opponent’s campaign.

The fact that such wholehearted condemnation has been missing from the supposed free speech advocates makes their real motivations limpid.

They shouldn’t have been following the Biden bus anyway. They “started it” but the reporting clearly calls out things that DID NOT FUCKING HAPPEN. This leads to the very thing you are doing here. Raising up YOUR issue, while downplaying the other guys issue.

How about you let them stand on their own?

Sorry but that is a pet peeve of mine, hyperbolic reporting needs to go the way of the DODO.

Notice, once more, what you’ve done: when directly confronted with an extremely dangerous bit of free speech intimidation, you reluctantly condemn it–but can’t even finish a sentence with the condemnation. You have to finish the sentence by criticizing the reporting of the incident.

Your behavior shows that your priorities are not with condemning cancel culture.

Of course they are, in my posting “unfinished sentence” clearly ends. If you can’t see the end, then that is on you, not me. You misunderstand what you wish to misunderstand and as of yet have yet to deal with the actual thing we are talking about. Instead you’d rather try and nit pick what I really meant, in your mind.
That is a common thing with you.