Was there ever any fairgrounds set up in this location?

In this courtyard area: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/32/41846467_97d97c722b.jpg in front of where the original WTC site was, I know sometimes there were music concerts with a temporary stage set up for the purpose, as you can see in this video: WORLD TRADE CENTER VISIT BY JIM & LINA 8/13/01 - YouTube (skip to 0:44 to see what I mean).

However, I was wondering, were any temporary fairgrounds ever set up in the area, similar to in this picture: http://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1549021/preview/stock-footage-amsterdam-holland-october-fairground-on-dam-square-october-in-amsterdam-holland.jpg :confused:

If so, what year(s) did the fairgrounds take place?

I’m just asking this out of general interest, and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum. :o

In American parlance, I am guessing that you are asking whether a carnival was set up on that location.
The next question (from us) is whether you are asking whether a carnival or fair was set up on the WTC site since the reconstruction began or whether anyone ever held a fair or carnival between the two towers while they were standing or whether the site was ever used as place to set up carnivals before the WTC was built.

To clarify: I meant was a fair or carnival ever held between the two towers whilst they still existed?

Sorry if I didn’t seem clear enough first time around. :smack::o:(

Your question was OK. The fact that the landscape changed radically three times in 40 years just added some complexity to it.

I am not a New Yorker and have found nothing on the internet, but I would guess that the answer was “No.” It was pretty much a business-focused complex with no residential units that I recall. WTC 3 was a hotel and there was a shopping mall below street level, but the complex was not really amenable to pedestrian traffic. When first built, winds whipping off the towers actually made it occasionally dangerous to try to walk through the plaza. (I don’t recall what steps were taken to correct that.)

A genuine New Yorker might show up to correct my impressions, of course.