Watch out for unexpected text messages - a $236 lesson

I don’t understand why sms.ac sent us 472 messages in one month. My daughter never responded to any messages, so I’m sure all these messages where computer generated. They killed their golden goose. If they had kept their bills in the $20 range, I would have never have noticed them.

My mom had a customer service issue with T-Mobile, and was having absolutely no luck with the customer service agents. So she did some digging online and discovered who was in charge of customer relations (some VP or other). Most companies use the same email format for all employees - once she had his name, she dashed an email off to him (I think it was lastname@tmobile.com or somesuch). He personally responded that day and her issue was solved the next.

Perhaps you could try something like that?

No idea, but I do know that step-kid’s phone comes up with husband’s name on my caller ID, so the phone is not in her name (even the adult kid). I’m guessing that whoever has the cell phone contract is liable for any charges on that particular phone. Like if the kids go over their minutes, husband is financially responsible for that, even if he didn’t make the calls. I think.

I’m new to this family cell phone thing, so I’m just going on what little I understand from our wildly complicated service plan.

I hate Rogers, if I could get my cable from someone else I would. When they call me, to up sell me their services I always tell them, 'Don’t call me again. I would buy $5 bills from you people if you were selling them for a nickel!"

Everyone I know hates them too. I am shocked that the new Iphone is connected through their network - solely. Yeah, I gotta believe that will affect sales adversely in Canada, if not immediately, eventually. I’m a machead but I won’t be getting one as long as it require Rogers services.