Watch these shows, give them ratings, and save TV!

Firefly- a really quirky spaceship show that critics say is great but doesn’t have a chance; I saw the pilot and loved it- great soundtrack! :slight_smile: I really pray this show takes off, or at least gets enough of a cult following that Fox keeps it out of pride, like X-Files season one.

Monk- Murder She Wrote; except the lead detective has obsessive compulsive disorder. I can re-re-re-elate to that. Wait, I only said that three times. Re-re-re–relate. To that.

Actually I don’t think this show is in danger of cancellation by USA, but I thought I’d pimp it anyway, it’s great, and this is from someoone that hates television.

Haven’t seen John Doe yet, but am looking forward to it; Saw episodes of Push, Nevada, and found the first episode fun, but the second boring. Nonetheless, it;s a huge improvement over the slop that has polluted the airwaves over the past . .50 years?

Oh, and big plugs for:

SMALLVILLE!!!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vinnie: Monk is in no danger and has been bought for co-airing on ABC.

As for Firefly, ummm why would you name this show w/o mentioning Andromeda which is at least as good and possibly better (I don’t want to judge from one episode). I like Firefly, but not enough to become excited.

Let’s not forget the greatest show on television:

**Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape Save Farscape **

Mahaloth: There is no saving Farscape. The writing doomed the program last season anyhow. They literally painted themselves into a corner. Now every week it had been the same thing “What strange new, secretly hostile, planet/specis can we meet” aka the “No nice people in the universe” show.

Mahaloth, my best friend is a big Farscape fan (I’ve never seen it) and she read me an article this week from the show’s creators. From the tone of it, they seem to think that the write in campaign to the Sci-Fi channel is doing some good, so you should try to convince fellow fans to write to the channel. I don’t have a url for you, but the article must be on the scifi-channel page somewhere.

I was a big fan of Farscape, but let’s face it: it’s jumped the shark big time.

Monk is in no danger. ABC is buying the episodes from USA Network – that’s nearly unprecedented (the only other case: It’s Gary Shandling’s Show when Fox was setting out and needed programming desperately). It got great ratings over the summer for ABC and was rushed into the fall lineup when Dinotopia fell behind schedule. Even if it starts dropping (and, though Shaloub was great, the show is really something out of the 70s), USA will be happy to have new episodes.

Firefly depends on the ratings.