Water droplet question

Sometimes I’ve noticed, when washing my car or the dishes, that
tiny water droplets…about the size of a pinhead…float above
the rest of the water surface for about a second or so before
being absorbed by the surface.

These are droplets, not bubbles.

I assume the drops are separated by a layer of air or water vapor
only a few molecules thick…then water tension takes over.

Is there a name for this phenomenon?

There probably is, but I can’t find a technical name. I’ve seen them called “water globules”.

Our very own William Beaty, aka bbeaty, has written a page on these globules, and how to turn them into anti-bubbles.