water in hoses

I checked websites of various companies that make hoses (Gilmour, Flexon). None of them mention a special twisty variety.
Alphagene

They are naturally not going to mention their special hoses on their regular web page. You have to know the secret message to send them in a special e-mail and then the link will be forwarded back to you.

I would give you guys the link but since you seem to doubt the veracity of the hose story, then you do not seem to be worthy of such a hose.

Jeffery

Gimme the damn twisty hose link, StrTrkr777.
I know where you live.
Peace,
mangeorge

You did not say the magic word, MG.

Jeffery

Sorry, Nickrz, I have seen this twisting effect in hoses since childhood. And with me that’s going back 40 years or more. I am also an experienced gardener and have handled all manner of hoses, sprinklers, and spigots.

At the risk of appearing gender-blind, are you guys girls, or do you all just sit to pee? I see empirical evidence of the twisty-hose effect everytime I drain my lizard, and I can report that it is maintained a least 4 to 5 inches beyond the, um, uh, “spigot”. (And you can just knock off the tittering about “cheap” vs. “expensive” hoses, mangeorge!) Centripetal force not withstanding, Nickrz, the stream appears to twist around itself; check it out yourself (if you dare!!)

TT

“Equal Opportunity means everybody has the same chance at being incompetent.”
–Dr. Lawrence J. Peter

I have handled, obviously, only ONE “spigot” of the kind you imply, Thufferin; don’t get crude. And yes, I have seen the stream of urine look “twisted.” (Before you ask, this was not the topic of my original question. Garden hoses were.)

You guys can still see your “hoses”? Mine disappeared about 10 yrs. ago. :slight_smile:
Peace,
mangeorge.

I doubt that you are truly seeing the water twist around itself but rather seeing streams of water coming out of the spigot at slightly different angles due to imperfetions in the edge of the spigot. The water looks like seperate twisted streams but then joins back together b/c the angle difference was not great enough to overcome the attractive force between water molecules.

Well,Man, since you can’t see yours, I think you hit on it earlier. “water in horses” indeed. Check that out and see if it spirals.

mg - You might want to try that newfangled “mirror” contraption just to say “hi.”

Touche, Nickrz!
This is diffrerent from the erratic stream of water coming out of a home faucet, caused by sediment in the filter screen in the spigot head. A lump of sediment can ruin a good stream of water out of the kitchen or bathroom sink tap.

Thanks for the tip, Nick.
Yep, it’s still there. It’s just hiding down there, below my dunlap. Looks kinda cute. :slight_smile:
Peace,
mangeorge