Way to kill my blowing off steam, cute lil' white boy

Rubbed you the wrong way? For real? I was laughing my ass off right from the start. And I emailed it to my mom.

Bravo, Askia!

You want to scare little kids? Put on some classical. Anything with an orchestra should send them running for the hills.

Or you could really put the fear of og into them and play some polka.

Racist much?

How well would a thread about a cute lil’ black boy go down?

Oh for Chrissake, it’s a cute story. He wanted to be left alone and blow off some steam, and the kid thinks his ‘angry’ song is cute. Cuteness defuses anger. It works with any combination of races if you can find the music for it. (Or at least it does if you pretend black people and black music aren’t seen as ‘scary’ in a way most other people and music aren’t in this culture.)

Great post, but I think DMX is about as black as Peyton Manning these days. Try upgrading to teh “Talib Kwali” shit if you don’t want a bunch of crackas jackin ya groove ya heard?

Depends on how well it’s written, or if I were even close to being as easily offended as yourself.

Care to explain why you think this is racist? It’s just a funny story about how a cute little kid liked Askia’s “angry man” music. Given the lyrics of the kids “favorite song”, I think the fact that he was white contributes to the humor.

Given that the kid likes watermelon, I think that he was black contributes to the humor. :rolleyes:

Now I’m just confused.

I think it’s got something to do with that staple of the food court, Watermelon On A Stick. Or something like that.

Nope YOU are not the one who is confused. But our resident member of the right-wing offenderati probably is.

(Noting, of course, that not everyone on the Right is a member of said offenderati.)

That could be. I may be confusing myself by trying to peer into the funhouse-mirror logic he seems to be employing. All I can say is “You ever notice how white people drive like this, and brothers drive like this?”

Hmm. I’ve something of a reputation as an oversensitive offenderati around here, and I find nothing offensive about the OP at all. Askia seems more to be skewering his (her?) own expectations than anything else.

I think it’s a hilarious post, and anyone who’s offended by it is trying to hard to be offended. Someday we’ll live in a world where the mere mention of “black” or “white” is not assumed to have racist overtones. In such a world, OPs like this one will just be enjoyed for being funny and human, and not sculpted into insults by the easily insulted.

I would comment on this, but then I think it would end up being an argument over who’s more likely to be offended: dumbass far right wingers of dumbass far leftwingers.

Hey, ever since VCO3 got banned and New Iskander wandered off, our pal Updike has been a shoo-in for Dumbest Doper. I think he’s coasting in the lead and not really trying, just going through the motions.

Ok you’re not making much sense. But I’m going to guess and say you’re talking about the cute lil’ brown boy in your hypothetical thread?

If I’m guessing right ( :confused: ) then no, you’re entirely off. A black kid liking watermelon is a racial sterotype (or a reflection of the fact that watermelon is tasty and most people loike it…but I think we’re talking her about racial sterotypes so). In this case Askia’s story is doing the opposite of upholding racial sterotypes. He’s talking about coming into a situation with certain racial assumptions and having them undermined by reality. Which IS funny. And pretty much the opposite of racist.

Of course the main point is the cute vs. angry thing. But it is in some ways a story about race. Which does not make it a racist story. Just a very honest observation.

Did you just post to say you weren’t going to post?

OK, I guess it’s just “cute” when people make comments about “lil white boys”.

Dunno, kinda drunk. Eases the pain of the Saints sucking enough to dissapoint, but not sucking enough to get a top 4 draft pick.