Way to kill my blowing off steam, cute lil' white boy

Only if you think one side or another has a monopoly on dumbasses. It has alway been my experience that there is no group that lacks humorless dumbasses.

THAT’S what you’re upset about??

Yes it’s cute. Might be cute talking about a lil’ black boy too. If he was a lil’ black boy. It’s only offensive if the “boy” is an adult. I think 5 qualifies as a lil’ black boy or a lil’ white boy, depending.

Not my kids.

They’re a bit different.

For the people who thought this was funny… well, so did I, which is why posted it.

For people who thought I was being racist, you’re missing the point.

Look, I would be lying if I said there weren’t times when I actually enjoy making people uneasy by acting like a thug, especially suburban white people who’ve been making my job harder’n hell today after working an eleven hour shift.

Lovely people, really. I just hate their collective asses at Christmastime, is all.

What I was doing and expecting was definitely jerkish behavior (somewhat especially immature male jerkish behavior) but calling this racist just because this instance involves two races is a bit much. It’s like… me wallowing… in a specific behavioral stereotype… expecting to make people uncomfortable (this was largely a post-churchgoing crowd, even at 5pm) … and the exact opposite happens.

I think there are non-racist white guys out there who think nothing of listening to violent “white” Rock, or Goth, or Punk or Heavy Metal or whatever – and who would secretly get a kick out of making churchgoing black people uneasy by sitting around, minding their own business, blasting the music on his earphones, especially if they’ve been working his nerves the last few hours – who would be just as blown away as I was by the sight some lil’ black boy in a Blues Clues T-shirt shaking his ass for five minutes to some David Allen Coe tune and THEN have his Mom say that’s her son’s favorite song.

The real point of the story isn’t about race, or ethnic tensions or anything like that. It’s that it made me feel *old. * As a teenager, this would have worked. In college, this would have *worked. * Now that I’m pushing 35, Dr. Dre, DMX and C-Murder don’t cut it as hardasses in Greenville, SC anymore!?! My choice of cutting-edge music doesn’t annoy total strangers anymore? That’s fucking tragic.

Take it for what it’s worth.

Peace.

Don’t worry, people that think your story is racist are the kind of people that think Richard Prior’s “nigger” jokes in Blazing Sattles were racist.

I ain’t been right all weekend since I heard Richard Pryor died.

So I dedicate my little rant to Bruh Rich, whereever he is. Heaven won’t have him, and he’s too cool for Hell!

Oh, yeah. One last thing.

HIS, GODDAMN IT.

Gah!

Askia, I absolutely love you! This OP is priceless!

I’m going back to Gibson County briefly in January. Meet me there and we’ll put the top down on the Sebring and drive around through Fruitland and Frog Jump alternating between gangsta rap and Stravinsky’s Firebird!

I expected a better ridiculous reason, myself.

Silly old person. You don’t buy the internet. You win it.

I too would like to see that scene on the Boondocks. McGrudder did a similar strip in which that girl who gets on Huey’s nerves (Sally?) starts singing “Holla Back” to him. Hilarity and a near punch to the face ensues.

I’d recommend The Boondocks to Updike, but I somehow think he wouldn’t get it.

Askia, thanks for the chuckle. I, too, hope you got to come down later.

Richard Prior? Blazing Saddles?
Try Cleavon Little.
Richard Pryor was in different movies with Gene Wilder. And by then he stopped using that word.

I get annoyed by anyone - black, white or pailey - who plays their mp3 player so loud I can hear it. Doesn’t matter what kind of song it is, I just can’t stand that tinny tinny static invading my head.

So, going over the main points again:

1. Even lissener thinks Askia is a girl, or might be; and
  2. Askia’s idea of b-i-i-i-i-g sc-a-a-a-a-a-ry badass nigga mofo rap is something that white five-year-olds dance to… with their churchgoing mothers’ approval.

BWAAAA! ::falls off chair::

Sorry, Askia, you’re just not scary. Have you considered a career in breakfast preserves?

Great story, Askia --it must suck to have lost your shock and awe factor. Perhaps there is way, like re-virgination, to restore it.
May I make a suggestion? Well, it doesn’t really apply to you, per se, but to the entire rap industry. As was noted upthread, the “nigga” and the “fucks” no longer appall people-even white bread people.

How about a complete 180? Speak the rhymes in the Queen’s English or Pig Latin or even Ubby-Dubby (Ebby-Dubby?). Include string instruments interspersed with electronic guitars and keyboard. Do it in 3/4 time.
Something! This state of affairs cannot stand.

thanks for the laugh today.

Richard Pryor co-wrote Blazing Saddles and was suppose to have the part that went to Cleavon.
The Studios pressured them because Pryor was too unacceptable to them. They thought Cleavon would be more acceptable to the “white” audience.
Check into it a little, but that’s the gist of it.

Jim

What’s ironically funny is that you’re now apologizing for your OP, and trying to soothe those that were offended. Would want to offend, now would you?

A better response from you might be “This nigga gonna fuck you up, you white cracka mutha fuckas!”

To which we would have responded “Aww, isn’t he just the cutest thing?” :slight_smile:

:starts to dance:

Alright, alright, alright already. Here, I’ll post something equally offensive:

A grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and a neo Nazi were walking down the street. They were dressed in normal street clothes, so they didn’t attract any attention. As they were walking they were discussing blacks and other “lesser races” and “mongrelization” and such.

They came across a colored man with a hurdy gurdy. Well, he may have been black or maybe Italian, they were too bigoted to know the difference. Anyway, he also had a pet monkey running around with a tin cup. The Klansman smiled and put some spare change in the cup.

The neo Nazi stood aghast. “What do you think you’re doing? Giving money to one of … them!”

“I know, I know, I shouldn’t do it,” the Klansman replied. “But I couldn’t help myself. Their children are just so darned cute!”

Askia, next time throw in some Old School. There’s no way a five year old will be able to keep pace with (looking at my MP3 player play list) NWA, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, DougE Fresh, Naughty By Nature, Run DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, Wrecks N Effect, etc, and the like. Throw a curve-ball next time.

But who’s going to be offended by a joke on the pig-ignorance of racist bigots?