Ways you rationalize staying in bed...

Oooh, that’s so much worse (better?) than my situation this morning. So cozy…

Cold in mornings is a funny thing. I grew up in a house that was built around the turn of the century (1907 or so). My bedroom was in the back of the house, facing northwest. The are from around 1940 or so. We didn’t have central air, so in the winter we depended on space heaters and big old cast-iron which take about ninety bajillion hours to heat up. Especially in high school, when I was generally up before my parents out of necessity, I grew to loathe mornings more than ever. It’s barely fifty degrees in my bedroom, and the last thing I want to do is untangle myself from the blankets, put my feet on the cold wood floor, and walk into the even colder tiled bathroom. shiver.

The dogs aren’t asking to go out yet, so clearly it’s too early for me to get up.

I slept like hell; the extra 15 minutes lying in bed awake will make up for only having 4 hours sleep.

I’m so relaxed, why would I want to get up?

It’s not on the quarter hour; I couldn’t possibly get up at 7:18, I have to wait til 7:30. On the weekend, I can’t get up until it’s on the half hour, or even on the hour.

Since moving from the Midwest to the South I hardly experience any seriously “cold” mornings so when it drops down below 50 - that’s my excuse! I’m having a flashback and my body’s not used to the cold anymore!

Or sometimes it’s just - I woke up enough to have some morning fun and that just wore me out and I now need a nap otherwise I’ll spend the rest of the day in la-la land.

I’ve got two more minutes. Just two more minutes.

Okay, if I change clothes really quickly, I’ve got five more minutes…