We have a new James Bond

Actually, didn’t he play Jimmy Bond not James Bond?

A minor point but a separation none-the-less.

I’d STILL nominate [Colin Salmon](Colin Salmon) as Bond.

Course, I ALSO think Gina Torres would make a great Wonder Woman…

I stopped watching the Bond movies when Connery left and then enjoyed watching the last couple with my son. I think if they dump Brosnan I will give the rest of them a miss.

Well, heck, they should dig up Hoagy Carmichael.

A young Hoagy Carmichael.

From the few movies I’ve seen with him (he’s probably best known as Paul Newman’s son in Road to Perdition), Craig seems more in the hardened Timothy Dalton school of Bond (rougher, more serious, less fashion platey) than the Moore/Brosnan school.

Craig’s profile should increase dramatically this winter since he’s featured in Spielberg’s new historical drama Munich.

I think he’ll be fine, but don’t be surprised if his take on Bond resembles that of Timothy Dalton (not flippant like Moore; more grounded and serious, even grim).

Craig played a fine Ted Hughes in Sylvia – very dark, brooding, sexy, callously amoral at times, and with a commanding intelligence (as befits a future British Poet Laureate).

Heh heh, sounds like Archive Guy & yrs truly are on the same wavelength.

He looks like he could mop the floor with Pierce Brosnan, as could my infirmed aunt. It’ll be nice to have a tough, believable Bond again.

Never heard of this guy before, but he looks like he could play the part.

Then again, there’s the obscure actor playing a very Bond-like guy in a cheesy commercial for a preventative hangover cure. Suave Bond-type guy: check! In a tux? Check! Menaced by some shadowy skating assassin types on an ice rink, and saved in an improbable and cartoonish fashion? Check! With a theme that’s a transparent rip-off of John Barry? Of course…

The Broccoli people really can’t put an end to this crap soon enough. “The action is cease… cease and desist.”